Chapter 21: Hot Stuff

Warning: mature content at the last page...

Zea’s POV

Just three more jumps until we were in orbit above the Blueberry Planet. I checked the sensors again for ships or debris. Nothing.

Two jumps ago we found some debris, but it didn’t seem to be vampiric.

This was surreal. It seemed that the Smurf king had killed off every single one of us.

Mother didn’t have enough soldiers at the palace for an adequate defence. She was going to be overrun. And there was nothing that I could do about that. I couldn’t reach her in time.

How could we have not foreseen this?

We had no information on their existence whatsoever.

But the reverse seemed to be true as well. They didn’t seem to know of us until we jumped out of hyperspace into their territory.

I tried to think of a way to get back our advantage, but came up with nothing.

We were screwed. Big time.

Kieran was sitting quietly behind me.

We had engaged now and so often in small talk, but ever since he had healed me, things were really awkward.

The guy was obsessed with me. When I had seen his mind there were only images of me in various positions.

And there were ones that scared even me.

I glanced at him.

He had totally lost his mind. And it was my fault.

I had no idea how to correct it. I was just very happy that after healing I would be stronger than him again.

No way he was chaining me up and poking that thing in me.

“No sign of any others?”

I shook my head. “ No, and no debris either. In three more jumps we will be in Blueberry’s orbit.” I told him.

“What are we going to then?”

“Find shelter and taste some of the local delicacies.” I grinned.

“I wonder what they taste like.”

“God, I do hope they taste better than blueberries.” I responded.

“What are we going to do with Anastasia and Peter?”

“What do you mean?”

“Anastasia can no longer serve as your food source because of the poison. That makes her kind of obsolete. And Peter is too dangerous to have around.”

“I think we should abandon them.” he proposed quietly.

I swivelled around. “What?”

He was right about Peter, but Anastasia was my friend. Well more than my friend.

I was not going to leave her behind.

“I doubt that Peter still considers us a threat. Why should he? The Smurf king annihilated us and is on the way to conquer our homeland. I think he has bigger issues than us on his mind. And Anastasia needs my protection.”

“Hmmm…I still don’t trust him. And Anastasia is simply said very annoying.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Are you jealous? You act jealous.”

He looked at me and narrowed his eyes. “Should I be?”