Chapter 24: Wild Horses

Anastasia’s POV

“Stazi, why are you putting your clothes back on? I am not finished yet.” Peter cupped my breasts and pushed his groin against me.

I groaned and pushed him away.

“Stop it. You are insatiable.”

He grinned in response and I smiled.

“There is something bleeping on the left console. Let me see what it is. Then we can get back to what we were doing.”

I swam over and manipulated the touch screen on the console to bring the information to the front.

I frowned.

“There is an asteroid belt coming up dead ahead.  You’d better put on some clothes and strap yourself down.”

“Why do I need clothes for that?”

“Two words: friction burns.”

He grimaced.

“Do you even get that in liquid?”

“I don’t know. But we can talk. Normally you can’t talk in liquid.”

“Yeah, I have been wondering about that too.”

“Maybe we think it is liquid but it really isn’t.”

“While you are pondering on that, slip on some clothes and strap yourself down.”

“We aren’t even married yet and you are mothering me already. I like it.”

“Marriage? Who said anything about marriage?”

He glared at me.

“You are not seriously having commitment issues? We have been attached to the hip for the past 12 days. You need me for the antidote. Whether you want to or not, you will be stuck with me forever.”

I smiled and tried to put on some pants on him.

“What are you doing, you silly woman?”

“Dressing you.” I grinned.

He looked at me strangely.

“What?”

“Nobody has ever dressed me.”

“Rubbish. Somebody must have done when you were an infant. Your mother?”

He shook his head in amusement.

 “You really don’t know anything about us do you? When we are back you will spending some time with your nose in books, young lady.”

I glared at him. He knew I hated studying.

 “Taurin demons are born fully grown from a cocoon. My mother is only three years older than me.”

“Ewww…” I teased.

The craft started shaking badly.

“Get in your seat and I’ll try to manoeuvre us through it.”

He drew up his pants and buckled himself in and I quickly moved us aside for a huge piece of rock that was hurling towards us.

I managed to evade the next few ones too but then disaster struck. Two pieces collided in front of us, showering the mosquito in a rain of deadly pebbles.

I heard one of the engines jamming and I saw sparks coming off it.

I evaded the other stones with more success and got us out of the asteroid belt.