Chapter 14

Phil's POV

Dinner time.
Definition: The worst words anyone could call to an anorexic kid down a long hallway. Or, just something I don't like. That works too.

"Come on Phil. It will be okay. Please just come and eat something?" A persuasive tone used by my now official boyfriend led me to the dinning hall soon enough though. I sat down next to him, getting as close to his comforting aura as the chairs would let us.
"You two are awfully close today. Any reason?" Pj asked, shuffling in his seat.
"Oooooohh yeah. Please spill love birds!" Louise chimed in.
"W-well a-actually we've b-been g-going out-t as of y-yesterd-day."
Pj let out a 'manly' squeal and Louise clapped and flailed like a drowning seal.
"Oh my god guys this is amazing. Eehh I'm so happy for you!" Louise generally looked like she was about to explode into rainbows and confetti. Me and Dan spent the next half an hour explaining how we got together to Louise and Pj. Eventually Pj left to go to bed and Louise got distracted by the cat in the front yard.
"Phil you need to eat." Dan said short and sweet.
"But...But I ca-"
"Please Phil?" His puppy dog eyes were undeniably cute and impossible to say no too. So I ate. I ate the whole meal before I even resized what I had done.
"Well done Phil. I'm proud." Dan's rough voice was enough to push me over the edge. I made a run for the toilets, the only place I could hide. But not for long.
I knelt on the cold, hard ground in front of a toilet. The thin cubicle doors didn't have locks so I had to keep my foot pressed tightly against it.
"Phil move your foot before you do anything stupid!"
"Dan? I'm not going to do anything stupid. I'm doing what's necessary." Before I had a chance to raise my fingers to my throat, the door swung open pushing me forward. I was pulled backwards into a gentle hug.
"I'm sorry Dan."

Dan's POV

His broken voice as he started to cry. It made me want to stay there and hug him forever.
"You have nothing to be sorry for Phil."
"I just don't want to be a fat, ugly bitch, but no matter what I do, I'm still a fat ugly bitch."
"It hurts to know that you can't see that you're cute, amazing and far from fat. You may not see it Phil, but everyone else does, especially me."
"Thanks Dan. I'd love to believe you though b-but I...I j-just can't." Phil cried even harder so I hugged him even harder.
"Phil, we're now boyfriends, you can believe me. I promise."
Phil looked up at me with his mesmerising smile.
"It sounds strange you know. Us dating I mean. We're just two mad kids in a hospital. It seems magical but difficult I love you Dan Howell."
"Ha. I see where you're coming from. I love you too Phil Lester."
It felt strange though. I'd only ever told one other person that I love them, and that was unwillingly. Of course I loved Phil, but that would make the other jealous.

"Danny, what's this I'm overhearing about you dating? Are you planning on leaving me Danny. How very, very rude. Do you know what happens to rude boys Danny?"

I knew it. He knows everything.

Magical but difficult. Phil was right. Just how difficult? That, he didn't know.

"Dan? Dan!"