Chapter Five ϟ Clear Intentions

Ugh, Barry in this gif. I love him.

Chapter Five ϟ Clear Intentions

After getting settled in at their hotel, Brennan and Barry headed over to Queen Consolidated to set up their lab. Felicity had called and told her it would probably be best that they keep it closer to Oliver.

Brennan felt anxious as she sat in the car outside the building. She had told Barry to go on in without her, saying that she had to make a phone call. She could tell that he didn't buy it, but he didn't say anything and went on ahead of her. Now, as she stared at the modernized building, her palms began to sweat. 

"You just have to get over it, Brennan. Get over it." She breathed out through her nose a couple of times trying to settle her nerves before she opened the door to the car and stepped out.

She knew the route to the main office by heart. 

"Brennan?" She turned around to see one of the most loved employees sitting at her desk. Gladice has been an employee for Queen Consolidated for as long as Brennan could remember. And not only did she bake the best apple crisp Brennan had ever had, but the two of them had shared many moments that made her a part of Brennan's family over the years. She was the kindest woman, behind Brennan's late adoptive mother, that she had ever known.

"Gladice! It's so nice to see you." And Brennan meant it. She knew that she was shutting people out, but she could never shut out this wonderful specimen of a woman. In fact, Gladice probably wouldn't let her.

She was dressed in a simple navy blue blazer and skirt combo that brought out the blue in her eyes. Her blinding white hair was styled back into an elegant bun with some pieces framing her face. Her eyes crinkled as she smiled at Brennan.

"You look beautiful young lady," Gladice stated looking over Brennan's outfit.

"Why thank you," Brennan smiled back at her. "You're looking as wonderful as ever."

"Oh, stop it. You flatter me too much." Gladice chuckled, but Brennan knew she loved the praise.

"You deserve it," Brennan stated, but then caught sight of her watch and realized she needed to be meeting Barry and Felicity. "I would love to stay and chat Gladice, but I have an important meeting upstairs."

She smiled at Brennan once more before patting her hand. "Of course Dear." The old woman gave her a hug before letting Brennan go. "Do come around more often. I miss seeing your gorgeous face."