Chapter Seven ϟ You Can't Fool Me, Sunflower

I swear every gif that I have of Grant makes me swoon. The guy is just too adorable for me to handle. 😍😍

Chapter Seven ϟ You Can't Fool Me, Sunflower

Knock, knock, knock

Brennan's head shot up from the pillow as the knocks got louder.

"Brennan, it's Barry. We're going to need to get going if we want to make it back in Central City on time."

Brennan's mind swirled with different thoughts as she tried to remember just where she was. Memories of the night before drifted back into her stream of consciousness as her eyes caught the mini dark brown glass bottles sitting on the nightstand and scattered around the bed sheets.

Just as she started to remember where she was and what had occurred last night a pounding pain ricocheted against the inside walls of her skull causing her to lay back against the bed, gripping her head while a groan fell from her lips.

Knock, knock.

"Brennan? Are you in there?"

Another groan left her lips as she realized that he wasn't going to go away. Lifting her aching body off the mattress she trudged to the door but froze as she caught her appearance in the full-length mirror outside the bathroom.

"Dear Lord," She groaned taking in the rats nest of hair that was scattered about her head and the skimpy baby pink silk robe that was wrapped around her body but almost falling off.

Covering herself back up while trying to tame the awful mess on her head, she walked towards the door and cracked it open. Barry's fist hung in the air as if he was just about to knock again.

A smile was graced on his lips but as he took in her appearance and the scent of booze wafted out of the room, Barry's grin fell into a frown and concern enveloped his features.

"Are you hungover?"

"No." Her response was quick striking suspicion into Barry. He may not be the biggest drinker but he has gone out enough to know what someone who is hungover looks like.

He raised his eyebrow at her but she kept her stone cold face. That was until she had to blink. She rolled her eyes rubbing the sleep out of them and undoubtedly smearing the leftover mascara that resided on her eyelashes.

"Okay, yes, I am hungover. And?" She countered staring him down. The aggressiveness in her tone concerned him, but he seemed to know not to question it.

"Uh, nothing. I was just saying we should head out soon. I was thinking we could get some breakfast before we left." He suggested feeling slightly uncomfortable since he was still standing in the hallway and Brennan had the door almost all the way shut as if she was hiding something.

"We don't need to get breakfast," Brennan grumbled pulling her silk robe tighter against her body. Words from last night began to fill her head.

You don't need friends. Friends lead to pain and you've had enough of that.

Shaking herself out of her thoughts. "We can head out after I get dressed."

"Are you sure you don't want to --"

"We aren't friends Barry, so no, I don't need to get breakfast with you." Her words weren't exactly meant to hurt, but a little of the bottled up anger seeped into them causing Barry to physically flinch.

"Ouch. Okay, no breakfast." He muttered quietly looking around the hall to see if anyone else had witnessed the embarrassing moment. Luckily they were all alone.