(6) interesting...

Harvey POV

I looked ahead with slightly larger eyes then normal "What type of job..." I straightened my posture.

"Leave us" the Alpha looks ahead as if nothing effects him. Rain gave him a respectful bowl and placed the pinecone back inside its hole.

Rain left, brushing against my fur slightly sending chills down my spine, I gave her a cocky smile to hide my fear of the Alpha but I knew she could see straight through me. Nonetheless she did the same to make it less embarrassing for me...

"Well" I said impatiently just before Rain left. I tilted my  head to the alpha curiously.

His chest is all puffed out from where Rain was just brushing him, giving him a strong look "I need to do two things for me..." He 'paused' I think just to get a reaction out me. His voice is so low it sounded like thunder.

"Get to the point" I said impatiently, I hate when he tries to be all dramatic...

He finally began "One; spread news that I will be leaving for 7 nights" I nodded to show I understood. "the whole pack needs to know...-"

"The whole pack!" I yelled out in shock "That's 200 wolves! why am I the only one doing this!" This task is way too big for a dog to do...

"Fine I'll get another one on the job" he moaned. I let out a large breath of relief I didn't know I was holding.

"Two;—I need you to collect my, umm...son"

*****

Dire POV (Alphas son)

I sat slightly with my legs either side of my front paws and my head down. My beautiful sister approached me, grazing my fur when she flopped down on her chest before laying down completely. She nudged my cheek until I acknowledged her.

"What are you thinking about?... Her soft voice echoed throughout the whole cave.

She's right, I was thinking... I never asked her how she felt about all this..being shipped off to some alphas son. We'll never be able to see each other again, unless something really bad happens...

"I-" I didn't know what to say.

Straight away she knew something was up "what is it?..." She asked innocently, and nudged me with her front left paw in comfort.

"How do you cope?" I sighed shaking my head "your life is so confined and restricted you can't do anything. How do you still smile when you see me! Or-or the young pups and the elderly wolfs! How is it so easy for you!"

She let out a deep grow that rattled my bones, she'd never acted like this...she cleared her throat angrily and got up abruptly, my side felt cold know that her body left it. "Well, obviously I don't like it!" She hissed and banged her paw on the stone ground. "But I can't exactly change it! Being trapped in here is like a dungeon! And. BROTHER, the reason I'm always happy is because people look up to me And why should others feel miserable if I am!" The hackles(hair) on her back raised and her claws dug into the stones.

I didn't know how to feel after her outburst, I never knew she felt like this?

"Aham..." A blue merle dog coughed in the doorway. The only dog throughout the whole 200 wolfs in this pack.