(8?) "No, we can't..."

Hay guys!
Since I never said it before, Thank you for reading this book. Have an awesome day, night, morning, evening where in the world.

Dire POV (alphas son, Maleah's brother)

I walk nervously into my alphas cave, other wolves look at me with smirks on there faces. I walk with my head down, as always...

"Dire.." My fathers low and terrifying voice thunders in my ears as soon as I entered this cave. 

I didn't she anything...I couldn't...my voice just came out a pathetic whimper.

My father huffed with frustration "we need to talk about you..." He waited, maybe expecting me to say something?

I didn't, I just stand with my head low, eyes wide and my skinny tail between my legs.

***

I walked back slowly to the sleeping quarters, my heart was still beating live crazy after what the Alpha my dad! Just told me...

"Dire!" A smooth desperate voice cracked behind me. She sounded deeply disturbed and stressed. I turn around weakly looking at her. Our unusual conversation from earlier still lingered in the back of my desolate mind.

"Maleah?..." Was all I could say and stepped closer "

"Um-are you okay?" She asked with a voice of unease. I lifted my head poorly and gave a weak attempt of a smile. Eventually I shook my head tiredly.

"No...no I-I'm not okay" I sounded so zombie-like I gave myself a fright "dad just spoke to me about!...about when i become alpha!..." I like my emotions out. Panting like a rapids and my eyes wide with nerves.

Maleah's eyes soften "oh Dire..." Without question she trots up to me and enfolded me into a tight hug "I'm sorry about what I said earlier..."

"What am I gunna do?...I-I can't be an alpha!" I sighed and huffed and groaned and then just wanted nothing more then to die.

"We can get through this..." Her elegantly beautiful voice was supportive though it did not effect me.

"Maleah I love you, but...your not even going to be here" I sighed and shook my head, Maleah's body left mine and she stared at me "your going to be somewhere worse, with some alpha dochebag!"

"-that's just how it is dire, ain't nothin' gunna change that" I was surprised at how accepting she was being?

"One day...even if it's not gunna last, we can still see each other..."

"No, we can't..."