(7) The wolf with a twist..

😱I'm REALLY impressed at how this book is going! At first it was just meant to be a small little thing that I probably wasn't going to finish, but now...😊

          I'm determined...😬

                      •FOX•

Maleah POV (Alphas daughter/Dire's sister)

My spiked back hair was raised, I stared intently at Dire when suddenly a small voice took me back to myself "urr, am I interrupting something?..."

"Yes!" I barked, spuning around harshly and snapped my jaws.

It sounded like he jumped back "don't get annoyed at me I'm just doing my job!" He said in the self defence, His voice was not strong but it certainly wasn't weak.

"Hmm" I huffed calmly. No ones ever spoken to me like that,  like a normal wolf!

My father has created such a scared pack that's we've all become pushovers! Being strict is good, yes. But being too strict creates too much fear...because no one can actually stand up for them self!

Dire's large nervous eyes met who ever was at the entrance.

I looked at the wolf and realised it was the same one I saw earlier this morning. 'The kind wolf with a twist...' I thought to myself, a small smile tugging at my mouth.

I now know that he isn't afraid to stand up for himself. I was actually proud of him as pack member, which rarely happens.

"My apologies" I said without hesitation just without sincerity. I stood taller, my head being held high.

The wolf looked slightly surprised at my apology, even if it wasn't sincere. I watch as he tilted his head and chewed on his tung.

Like he was trying to figure me out...

"Anything else" I said out of the blue, he looked at me like he'd just returned to reality. He didn't know what to say, I chuckled a little "can I help you?.." I smiled.

"Yes. Well no-but...not you-I just need-...son...?" He rushed out all sorts of jumbled sentences and words. He paused "huh? Not quite sure what I just said.."

Dire did something I did not expect and spoke "Was it some-something about our father?" I watched his body language intently, like the way his head was only lifted to his shoulders unlike mine which was raised completely.

"Yes sir" The blue merle collie said respectfully. I saw my poor brother looking puzzled, probably because he's never been called 'sir' before...

The collie continued and walked forward a little. Two dancing fireflies flew under him and between his long front legs, so his shadow mimicked  him humourlessly  on the wall. I didn't bother to hid my chuckle when he spoke.

"your father has requested you to make an appearance in his cave, immediately for an unknown reason..." His voice was calm and bounced off the stones walls, like a choir of whispers.

"Oh, ok...thank you" Dire swallowed nervously and shook with anxiety. I'll check up on him later I made a mental note to myself.

He started walking the the exit without looking in my direction. "Dire.." I softly called after him just before he left. He turned him head in my direction but didn't look at my face "I'm sorry for how I acted okay..." I apologised.

He stood there pondering on something "it's okay, my bad..." He said weakly before slowly thudding his feet out the sleeping quarters.

The collie looked at me sceptically "So. That was a pretty heated conversation..."