Almost Over or Just the Beginning

Alarms blare in Corneria as every screen in the city flashes to the news, read headlines on the top and bottom of them. "Tragic news for the Lylat system," a female jaguar news reporter states, "Corneria's local hero Fox McCloud has been shot down from his Arwing today and is in critical condition. So far there are no suspects but we will find who's done this and bring them to justice. Now we'll send you to the scene where the crash happened, Tony?"

A male cat reporter nods, "Yes Jannet it appears that he was shot down using some sort of explosive device, hence the back of the ship being blown off. Medics are taking him to the nearest hospital now." He adds as the cameraguy points the camera in the direction of the ambulance, watching it drive away.

At Wolf's house...

Snarling as he pins Pigma to the wall, "What the hell were you thinking!? This is why we do these things together, so no one gets too injured or almost DIES!" Wolf's claws retract against the pigs face in anger.

Pigma grunts and somewhat whimpers before glaring back, "Wait a second...I thought Fox was your enemy, shouldn't you be PRAISING me right now!?"

Wolf gasps slightly and his expression goes blank, "Get out of my sight...and don't come back until I say you may..." The wolf picks up the heavy hog and throws him out his front door, locking the door after closing it. He goes to his couch and cups his face in his paws, crying I'm so sorry...if I wasn't... He refused to finish the thought as he grabbed his coat and headed towards the hospital where Fox was stationed.

Meanwhile at the hospital...

The rest of the StarFox squad is in his hospital room, awaiting his awakening. For hours he stayed asleep, Slippy and Peppy left around 11pm. Krystal made Falco leave when she noticed he was falling asleep. For about an hour she sat there alone until she heard some ruckus outside down the hall, curiously she looks outside and her eyes widen. A few security guards have Wolf held back by both his arms. "Let me go damnit! I have to see Fo-"

"Hey!" Krystal shouts at them, "Bring him over here." She lightly commands, out of respect the security guards drag Wolf to her, curious on why she requested this. "Drop him and run along, as long as I'm here he can't hurt Fox." She gives Wolf a quick glare and the security guards do as told, quickly returning to their posts. Quickly, Krystal pulls him in the room with her. "Okay big guy...what do you want?" Wolf looks down at her, unable to speak as his eyes slowly fill with tears. She tilts her head a bit and fold her ears back to show concern. "What's going on with you.."

He shakes his head and wipes his eyes, "He...I...we almost lost him..." The wolf turns to the resting Fox, trembling a bit. "And I..." once again he shakes his head and steps to his rival, kneeling down and moving Fox' fur away from his face, softly kissing his forehead. "Please heal...if not for me then everyone else..." Krystal just stares in shock, trying to comprehend what had just happened. After Wolf thanks Krystal, Fox starts to wake up (ever so slightly and blindly) and watches the wolf leave, quickly passing out again.