Home for a Fox

Fox slowly walks home and opens his door, only to find Krystal sitting on his couch. "Welcome home Fox," she jumps off the couch and starts to walks towards him.

"Yeah...Thanks Krystal..." he starts making his way to the stairs.

"Fox is everything alright?" she's gotten close to Fox, only around a foot behind him.

"I'm fine...just tired..." he lies without thinking.

"No you aren't," Krystal grabs his shoulder, "They didn't show up...did they?"

Fox bursts into tears and nods while hiding his face in his paws, "Mhm..."

"Oh Fox..." She turns him around and pulls the fellow fox into a tight hug, "I'm sorry..."

"Why doesn't anyone love me..." Fox asks while hugging back tightly and crying on her shoulder.

"I do..." Krystal reminds him with a soft voice.

"But you know I'm not like that.." Fox sniffles quietly and his ears droop farther down, "sorry..but I can't change that..."

Krystal lets out a sigh that seems slightly disappointed, "Yeah...I know..."

"I'm just gonna get some sleep...If you don't wanna go home you can sleep on the couch..." He starts his way up the stairs.

"Thank you, rest well Fox," Krystal watches him walk up the stairs.

"Yeah....you too Krystal..." Fox closes his bedroom door and undresses before getting in his bed. The thought of Wolf possibly loving him wouldn't leave his mind. It's not becuase the thought was strange, but becuase it seemed too good to be true. Fox never wanted to fight Wolf, every time he had to it crushed him on the inside. Perhaps he can leave the past behind and create a future, a future with Wolf....