Chapter 21| Was It Bad?

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Stop that noise! My eyelids are heavy as I force them open. I look around the white room. What the hell?

I notice machines and tubes around me. Conner sits next to me. He's sleeping, but he's holding my hand.

I rub my thumb against his face and he slowly stirs.

I squeeze his hand and his eyes open. He looks confused until his eyes widen as they land on me.

I look at the glass of water next to me and he gets it. He lifts the glass to my lips and I can finally talk.

"What happened?" I ask. My voice is scratchy and hoarse. I probably look horrible right now.

Conner has a few bruises on him but it looks like nothing serious.

He sighs. "I thought you wouldn't wake up" he says as his eyes become glassy. "How long was I out?" I ask quietly.

He hesitates before answering, "three and a half weeks." My eyes widen. "I'll get a nurse." He says squeezing my hand before leaving the room.

A few minutes later a nurse comes inside an asks me a bunch of questions.

"What's the last thing you remember?" she asks holding her clipboard.

"I was at the park with my boyfriend, and my brother told me to come home, we were driving and we were hit" I explain as I remember the pain shoot through me as blood was everywhere. Conner screaming, and then blackness.

"Okay. I'll let everyone in now," she says walking out of the room.

Seconds later everyone comes in.

First Max, then Scarlett, mom, dad, Conner, and Luna.

"Oh baby I'm so glad you're okay!" My mother says running over to me and giving me a hug. My dad comes over and hugs me as well.

Max looks relieved to see me and Scarlett is comforting him. He was probably freaking out the whole time.

Luna comes over to me. "Dallas is staying back with Daniel at my house" she explains. I smirk a little at the thought of her and Dallas.

"Don't say it" she says stifling a giggle. I sigh.

"When can I go home?" I ask.

"The nurse said in a few days. You hurt yourself pretty bad and they want you to stay just in case" Conner replies.

Great, I'm gonna be stuck in this place full of death, disease, and despair.

It's 3D.

My dad's phone rings and he leaves to room to answer. My mom follows him outside and Luna goes to 'check up on Daniel'. Max leaves with Scarlett and sends me a weird smirk as they leave.

Now it's just me and Conner.

"Conner..." I start. He sits down in the chair next to my bed and gives me a kiss on the temple.

"Was it...was it bad?" I ask. He nods.

"Your heart stopped twice and they thought you were dead until your heartbeat came back. You were so close to dying" he says softly.

I hate this feeling. It's like guilt.

I made him feel this way. I caused him pain.

"I-I can't lose you Ali........I....I love you" he says quietly.

I take his hand and intertwine our fingers he looks at me.

"I love you too" I say back softly.

He smiles and I smile back.

He loves me. He loves me back. I love someone, well someone that isn't family. What does this mean? "I'm sorry" I say softly. "There's no reason to be sorry, nothing is your fault. Don't blame yourself for anything that happened, none of it is your fault" He tells me.

I smile. "Thank you" I whisper.

He rubs his thumb on my hand and smiles back. "It's what you do when you love someone" he shrugs.

At that I smile grandly. "That's why I love you" I say back quietly.

~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Okay so this chapter is slightly shorter that what I usually write but I didn't have anything anything else to happen. So Allison is awake! She's okay and I'm really glad. I was never going to kill her, I mainly had some reasons and just because I felt like being mean (Mwa ha ha) I've been updating a lot lately just because I really hate suspense and I want to talk about Allison but I'm like 'they don't know that she'll survive' so I can finally say something if that makes sense :)

Okayy anyway... So this chapter was just to show that Allison is okay and everything is fine. The next chapter she will be out of the hospital and everything will be back to normal. Well kinda... but I can't say anything else otherwise I would spoil it.

Hope you enjoyed! <3

-Sarah