Chapter 24| Ice Skating & Ice Cream

It's been a few days, almost a week, and I have yet to figure out what Conner is hiding from me. I trust him to know that it shouldn't be bad, but I can't help but feel that curious feeling in me. I think it's mainly just me being really anxious to know if I made a good decision on trusting Conner.

I'm the human version of Curious George.

Max has been trying to distract me, but he keeps on asking me why I'm so quiet. It's because I can't help but wonder what Conner's hiding. The constant question of 'what is he hiding?' is the only thing that continuously roams my mind.

"Come on Ali, you're never this quiet. If something's bothering you, tell me" Max pleads.

"I told you nothing's wrong, I've just been thinking about things lately" I say keeping it vague and not giving any hints.

"Okay then tell me what you've been thinking about" he asks softly yet stubbornly. He knows something's up and I will not tell him. I just won't.

"You don't have to worry, I'm only thinking about school. I have a paper due soon and I had to work hard on it" I lie. "I could help you" he offers believing the lie hesitantly.

"I handed it in already, I'm just nervous about the grade" I lie faking a smile.

He hesitates, but nods.

I feel bad for lying to him, I don't like it. I hate lying, and I hate lying to him. I just don't want him to know that I heard him and Max talking. Especially since he said that he really didn't want me to know.

It's only January so we don't get much work but luckily in my school the teachers like to give out a lot of work to catch up on all the missed days over winter break.

~~~~~~

A knock sounds on my door, "come in!" I yell. The door open and Max smiles up at me before entering and sitting on my bed.

I spin my desk chair around so see him.

"Hey Max" I say with a smile.

"Hey, you want to go to the movies or the arcade, what about the ice rink?" Max asks me.

"Ooh! Ice rink!" I exclaim excitedly clapping my hands.

Max chuckles before pointing something out, "you're becoming like Luna."

I can't argue with that. I definitely just pulled a Luna, but she's my best friend, of course she'll affect my actions.

"True" I agree, "when are we leaving?" I ask him. "In 20" Max replies leaving the room.

I change into some good ice skating clothes, which consists of, a red and blue plaid shirt, black leggings, a maroon scarf, black uggs, and a grey beanie.

I put on some minimal makeup and curl my brown hair. I grab my mittens, jacket and my skates.

I walk down stairs, by the time I'm all finished and ready to go it's time to leave

I walk down stairs, by the time I'm all finished and ready to go it's time to leave. Max meets me downstairs and we drive over to the ice rink.

"I haven't skated in so long!" I say in excitement. I always like to skate since I used to do so many winter sports. I used to figure skate, play hockey, play ringette, and I also just skated as well.

Max and I stop to sit in the bleachers to put on our skates. He puts on his black hockey skates and I put my white figure skates on.

I get on the ice with Max following and we just skate around and talk. It's actually really fun.

We used to do this all the time and it was like our 'twin time'. Max and I were always close and we always talked to each other. We are best friends and twins.

He's the funny one and I'm the witty one. We used to take people down when we team up. We're unstoppable. Once we played against some people in a game of hockey and we dominated. We won 8-2. Nobody ever challenges us, and if they do, they're stupid.

We hang out in the rink for a good few hours before stopping by Dairy Queen. yeah, it's winter and we love ice cream. I'm that person who has ice cream in the winter. Even if I'm freezing into an ice sculpture, ice cream, especially Dairy Queen, always sounds good to me.

~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: So this chapter is slightly shorter than usual and I'm sorryy! The next chapter will have more, I just needed to put some information in here an get some stuff out there.

So if you guys read it or not I have some announcement for this book.

To start off, this book is coming close to an end. For now, I think it's going to end in chapter 30, but it could be less and it could be more. It's not official yet.

After this book is finished I will be posting a spin off. So I'm sure you all remember Luna. Anyway the spin off is about her and her life. I have most of it planned out and I will be putting the description up soon.

I don't want to give out to much information, but I am really excited.

Thank you guys for over 600 reads and over 100 votes, including more than 200 comments! You don't understand how happy it makes me! I'm just glad you're liking the book! I love you all!! <3

PS sorry for any errors I wrote part of this on my phone and it's really hard to type with auto-correct and a small screen. I tried to get rid of as many errors as I could find :)

Hope you enjoyed! <3

-Sarah