Mini ladd x reader - Ill Protect You

"Oh won't you look here, it's the little dumb ass nerd!" Veronica hisses

You just try your best to ignore it and walk to your locker. Trying not to listen to all the remarks and jokes they make. There's no point to listening to all there hatred words.

You open your locker and throw in all your books. You can hear all the laughter from behind you, and you knew exactly who they were laughing at, you. You take a deep breathe trying to remain calm, there not worth it. It's stupid, soon this will all be over.

You hear footsteps get closer and closer to you. Eventually something knocks into you causing you to bang your head on your locker door and fall.

"Watch were you're going idiot." Veronica spat out.

You held the spot that banged into the locker. It hurt like hell.  Veronica leaned down to meet you at eye level. "What's the matter? Gonna cry like a baby? Why don't you go on and run home to mommy? Or does she not like you either?" Veronica hissed at you.

You wanted to cry, but you didn't want them to see you, not like that. You couldn't let them win.

You got up and slammed your locker door shut, echoing though the halls. "Aww cry baby's having a little fit!" Veronica laughed.

You walked away and held your hands tight in a fist. Your eyes were watering, but no tears fell yet. As you were walking down the halls you bumped into someone.

"Oh, jeez sorry!" A man said.

You didn't get to see who it was that you bumped into, but you knew that voice way to well and knew exactly who it was. It was your best friend Craig.

"Sorry Craig." You said as you wiped your eyes clean making sure no tears could be detected.

He looked up at you and noticed the bump on your head. "What happened?!" Craig asked worriedly.

"It's nothing."

"That doesn't look like nothing!" Craig said trying to get a better look at the red bump. "What the hell happened?"

"I uhh- tripped." You lied. Your voice cracked as you lied to him. You hated lying to him, but at the same time, you don't want to pour all your troubles onto him. There's just no point.

"Tripped on what?"

"What's with all the questions?"

"Because I know sooner or later I'll catch you in a lie."

You looked up at him confused by what he meant. "What?" You asked.

"You know I can tell when you're lying right? Your voice cracks. So stop lying and tell me what happened." Craig said sternly.

"It doesn't matter."

He put his hands on both your shoulders and leaned down to make your eyes meet his. "Of course it does. Your my best friend, and when your hurt I want to know how, and who did it. So I can beat the shit outta them."

You quickly wrapped your arms around Craig, catching him off guard. You smiled into his shirt. His arms wrapped back around you and he held you tight. "I'll always protect you, no matter what." Craig whispered to you.

You lifted your head up to look at him. "Thank you."