14 | Crazy Contagious

2 Chapters in 3 days!  3 chapters in 1 week!  Who am I?!?!  I guess it's the silver lining of exam week. 

Shout out to disneyfreak777, Undiscovered-Author, omgthatisrandom, spoby4lifeff_1 and vitaqwe for the support on Ch13 <3

Chapter 14: Crazy Contagious

"You always this antisocial, Minnie?"

His voice cut through the music in my earphones. I turned the volume up.

"Go away," I said when Luke's body appeared next to mine, "Please."

Almost forgot my manners.

"I won't."

He clearly forgot his.

I refused to look at him. I didn't know why he left the others to join me, but he shouldn't have. I remembered what he said to Tamara when she complained about me: We have better things to talk about.

So I said to him now, "I thought you had better things to do."

"I do." He agreed and sat down beside me, "But I want to be here."

His words replayed in my head. Is he high?

"I don't know why," he admitted, thinking the same thing, "but I do."

There was nothing I could do to make him leave and I didn't want to. It was nice having someone sit beside me. The cool air brushed past us, playing with my hair as it went. We heard the sounds of the campfire behind us and gasps from the frightened campers listening to ghost stories. We sat side by side in silence.

Until he broke it.

"Can I have one?" He pointed at my turkey and mayo sandwiches.

I had made them for the other counselors, though no one wanted any. I nodded, still avoiding looking at him.

Then he picked my phone up without permission, sandwich in his other hand. He checked the music I was listening to, while he bit half his sandwich.

Swervin - A boogie wit da hoodie feat. 6ix9ine

He raised his eyebrows, "Didn't expect that. Weren't you singing Shawn Mendes the other day?"

"You saying I can't have a diverse taste in music?" I asked, "A girl can be into Shawn Mendes and Lil Uzi."

"Nah, I'm surprised because you are the most PG girl I've ever met. You freak out when I take my shirt off, you never swear, you-"

"Ok, ok, I get it."

He knew more about me than I expected. Just talking about his shirt off made me blush.

He smirked and leaned over. He took the earphone out of my left ear and his fingers softly brushed my earlobe, sending shivers down my neck. Then he came closer and put the earphone in his right ear.

Curvy little body, love your surface
Yeah, I'm all on your body, make you nervous
I like the way you keep up with your earnings

I didn't realize how nervous I was. Our knees were almost touching, and he was listening to my playlist... that's personal.

I thought everything was right, that's when you left
Swervin'
How you look so perfect on your worst days?

I can relate...

lol. I smiled at my own joke.

And Luke noticed.