59 | I See You

Thank you @ejnfg for the gorgeous poster!

A good friend would bail you out of jail, but your best friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn that was fun" – Anon

Chapter 59: I See You

"Pick Luke."

"No way. He is the ultimate player. He'll be done with her like she's flavor of the week at an ice cream shop."

I was sitting at LUCKY's table for lunch, feeling not so lucky about it.

Cearra had convinced me to join, but I was already regretting it.

"Maybe Luke can be loyal," Yoona said optimistically, eating lime jello, "He hasn't hooked up with anyone this semester."

"Yeah he has. He's hooked up with Jamie Griffith and Bianca Rodriguez; the two hottest girls in school. And he was dating a model over the summer," Khloe cast me a knowing look.

She had been a camp counselor this summer. The first girl I met when I arrived at Camp Beaver Hill.

I sat there, watching the girls debate my life around me. I didn't have the heart to tell them that I've already moved on from this subject. I was going to give Luke a chance.  Despite the whole world and his entire reputation suggesting I do otherwise.

"Excuse me," I said, and took my tray to the cleaning station.

Away from all the opinions.  So many people have so many opinions about lives that aren't their own.

I set my tray among the others and paused.  I was nervous to be honest.  Nervous for my date with Luke tomorrow and nervous for my night out with Bianca and her friends tonight.  This was new territory for me.  How do I know if I'm ready?

*Later that day*

Friday night and I was listening to the queen.  

Whitney Houston on loudspeaker.

We were going out tonight.

Party

Sleep

Repeat

That's not my motto, but it was hanging on Bianca's wall.

She and Oma were getting dressed in her bathroom, while I played around with the music. Other girls joined us. They were all friends of Bianca, though she called them her minions.

The smell of hair straightener and perfume mixed in the air. Clothes draped over the bed as they changed and squeezed into tight outfits. There were a lot of mirrors and fairie lights, as if the room was made for Instagram.

My sister would fit in here so much better than I ever could.   It was certainly awkward the Kelly Mathers was here.  Amy, one of Bianca's friends, had invited her.  

Austin was downstairs, watching TV with Bianca's dad while we got dressed.  He was joining us.  

**

"Where are we?" I asked Oma, as we arrived in a neighborhood near Alpine High.

"We're meeting some boys from another school," Oma answered, "Bianca's been flirting with one of them." 

Oma waved me over to join the rest of the girls plus Austin.  Heels clacking against cement was the main sound as we walked towards the place.  I looked up at the name: Laughing Heads Bar.  I didn't bring ID.

It didn't seem to matter.  Bianca had a good relationship at the door and we all entered free of cover charge.  I don't come to bars often, so I was feeling out of my element.  I looked around.