32 | Good Girl

We reached 600k reads!  I can't quite believe it.  Thank you so much for connecting with this story and with a little bit of me.  I can't wait to share where this will go!

Chapter 32: Good Girl

We were in Austin's basement.  Heat and pool water in the grotto had made us wet.

Luke stood at the base of the staircase.  I was a few steps above, my arms extended against the banisters.  His hands were on my body, as he traced his fingers down my side. 

I felt his finger hook onto my bra, tempting me, before he let go. His touch sent waves of desire pulsing through me. I restrained from ripping his shirt. His eyes had me hypnotized. And I was weak to his touch.

I craved it.

His finger trickled down to the side of my skirt. He pushed it up and rested his hand on my outer thigh. He lowered his lips towards mine.  

Champagne showers sprayed over us.

I gasped, wiping it out of my eyes.  Bianca was standing in her bikini with a champagne gun in her arms.

"Open your mouths!" she giggled, spraying us with more alcohol.

Luke stepped up the stairs to my level, his back shielding me from the champagne.  

"Let's go," he said, his hands on my waist, pushing me forward.

I hurried up the staircase with him following easily behind.  Bianca was drunk and she didn't stop aiming at us, accompanying the sprays with her screams.  I shoved the door open and we tumbled out into Austin's corridor.

What a stark contrast.

Classical music trickled out of a little radio.  Old fashioned furniture decorated the room.  It was peaceful.  Nothing like the dance crazed grotto underground. 

Gloria's shrill voice chastised us, "You're not allowed up here! Oh, Luke it's you.  Welcome back.  Care for a towel?"

Gloria's attitude changed entirely when she saw Luke. Only Austin's close friends were allowed in the house and Luke was her favorite.  Gloria guided us to the kitchen, where the marble tiles could be cleaned easier than the living room carpet if we stained them with the champagne dripping off our bodies. 

She gave us a towel each and left us to check on Chad, who was passed out on the couch. I found it funny that Austin's nanny was taking care of a grown 17 year old.

I leaned against the kitchen counter, feeling dizzy after being in a sauna for the last few hours.  The rush of cool air was getting to my head.  Luke picked me up and set me on the counter.  I leaned back against the wall.  He poured a glass of cold water for me to drink, one hand still resting on my leg, as he raised my hand for me.  

I downed the glass in a couple seconds flat and handed it back to him.  Luke used the same glass to pour himself water.

I avoided his gaze.  I was nervous to be around him.  I wasn't quite sure what had happened downstairs.  What almost happened.

He took the towel and walked closer to me.  He stood between my legs, wiping the sticky alcohol off my neck and down to my-

"Luke, I have your girl-" Austin barged in with a girl behind him. 

As soon as he saw us, he cursed loudly and tried to close the door on the girl that was walking in.

"Shoo! Shoo!" he told her.

My lips were expecting Luke's lips – but a big divide separated us now.

Luke backed away from me and exhaled, running a hand through his hair in frustration.