Chapter 1

~Chapter 1~

The original vampire strolled down the streets of New York in search of a decent bar that was not too crowded. Now that he had finally moved away from the dreadful Mystic Falls, he had settled down in New York looking to start a new life there and try to stay away from all the supernatural drama he was involved in. But he knew better than to get his hopes up. Trouble always seemed to find him no matter how hard he tried to stay away from it.

As he breathed in the air of the busy city, Elijah caught the mouthwatering scent of fresh, human blood in the air. As he used his senses trying to figure out the location, he then heard the faint cry of a girl come from the same direction. Using his speed to get there faster so he could make sure no innocents were hurt, he arrived at a filthy bar in what seemed to be a sketchy part of the city. The sobs got louder and the smell of the blood became even more suffocating when he reached the door.

When he entered the bar, the first thing he noticed were the dozens of bodies scattered around the main area. Limbs and puddles of blood spread across the floor. Elijah looked around at the mess in disgust.

This is obviously the doings of a newly turned vampire with absolutely no control, he thought.

Then he heard a whimper come from one of the tables up against the wall. He slowly neared towards the table to find out who the culprit was.

"Pl-please don't k-kill me," the woman whimpered. "I-I didn't mean to h-hurt them."

It was then that the woman looked up at Elijah and his widened in shock at the beauty of the woman. She had light brown hair and a flawless complexion most girls would die for. Her piercing blue-green eyes made Elijah feel like she was looking right into his soul, leaving him completely vulnerable.

"I'm not going to harm you," he managed to get out after taking a few seconds to pull himself together.

"I'm s-so scared," she cried again.

"It's going to be alright. Why don't you come with me and we can get you cleaned up, agreed?" Elijah was referring to the massive amount of blood that was covering her clothes and was all over her lips and chin.

The girl nodded her head and hesitantly looked at the hand Elijah was holding out to her. She gradually took his hand and he helped her to stand up and walked her out of the bar.

Deciding that it would be faster if they ran, Elijah scooped her up into a bridal position in his arms and whispered to her, "Hold on tight." She immediately obeyed him, and then they were off.

Arriving at his apartment door, they walked past the threshold and into the grand living area. While the girl marveled at the decor for a few seconds, Elijah watched her and realized the amazing body she had that he didn't have the pleasure of seeing before. He wondered why he actually wanted to help her so much. Then he remembered how lamented she looked when he had found her and concluded that was the reason. She then turned to him and he snapped out of his trance.

"Let me show you to the washroom and you can get yourself cleaned up," he said as he walked to the master bedroom. The girl followed behind him silently. "I have some of my clothing in this closet that you are more than welcome to use after your shower and you may help yourself to anything you wish," he instructed the beautiful lady.

"Thank you," she stared at him gratefully.

"My name is Elijah by the way, Elijah Mikaelson. I never seemed to catch your name though," he said to her with a small smile and curious expression painted on his face.

The girl looked at the tiled floor with a ghost of a smile on her face. Then her eyes connected with his chocolate brown eyes again and a warmth spread throughout her body.

"Alessandra," she stated brazenly. "Alessandra Bartlett."

*****************************************************************************

A/N:

Hey everyone! This is my first story so please excuse any mistakes or if its not very good. Let me know if you like it and want me to continue! Thanks for reading lovlies!! :)