Chapter 7

~Chapter 7~

*Alessandra's POV*

Running my fingers through my hair in frustration, I continued the inner battle in my head. It had been a week since I had last spoken to Elijah.... since the night we kissed.

Looking back up at Elijah, I finally noticed how close he had gotten. In one swift movement, he had one hand placed on the small of my back, the other on my cheek, and our bodies were molded together. My breath caught in my throat as he leaned in and brushed his lips against mine. I closed the small space left between us and pressed my lips to his in a slow, but passionate kiss.

It was like time had stopped when we kissed, and it was just us left in the world. His kiss was the perfect balance between gentle and rough. Our lips moved in sync for a moment before he pulled back slightly then pressed his lips against mine for one last, quick kiss. I smiled a giddy smile and looked back at him.

"I dig you too," he chuckled slightly, causing me to laugh. "Now, goodnight Alessandra."

With a dramatic groan, I threw my body back on to my bed. After Elijah left, I had immediately realized the kiss had been too soon. Despite the intensity of the kiss, I knew it shouldn't have happened that early in our time knowing each other. I couldn't fall for him that quick without even knowing who he truly was. The feeling of déjà vu and guilt made me shudder.

Deciding I was done moping around and stressing out, I got dressed in a sports bra and running shorts. Speeding towards the door, I quickly slipped on my trainers, grabbed my iPod, and walked out the door. Heading down my street, I zoomed down the familiar path. Since running from my problems was something I was quite accustomed to, it wasn't exactly a surprise that I loved to run. It was the most efficient way to clear my head.

For 30 minutes, I had been nonstop sprinting then finally stopped for moment to gather my thoughts. I took my headphones out of my ears to listen to the busyness of New York. Closing and taking a deep breath, I was about to begin running again when I heard a familiar voice nearby. With silent footsteps, I walked closer to the voice and listened.

"Kol, you are ruthless. You carelessly slaughtered at least a hundred innocent humans in Chicago without even cleaning up your tracks," Elijah complained.

"Oh brother, you're no fun. I was locked up in a coffin for over a hundred years, I just want to have some fun," the other man said with a bored look. My eyebrows knitted in confusion. How did he have no remorse if he apparently killed so many people, I wondered.

"Killing is not something you should be so careless about considering you already have some of the most feared hunters already in pursuit of you, brother."

Kol let out a sigh then said, "We are immortal Elijah. What's the point in being able to live for such a long time if we cannot enjoy it? So what if we have different hobbies?"