Chapter 5

~Chapter 5~

*Alessandra's POV*

The next day, I woke up with a smile on my face despite the fact that I got no good sleep whatsoever. I was so excited to go on my date with Elijah, even though I have no idea where we're going or what we're going to do.

Hopping out of bed, I walked to my bathroom and quickly stripped my pajamas so I could get in the shower. But I didn't forget to turn on my shower playlist before I got in. I sang to 'Royals' by Lorde- which is my current favorite song- as I washed my hair with coconut scented products. Then I proceeded to wash my body with a flowery body wash. After stepping out of the steamy shower, I wrapped a towel around myself and walked back into my bedroom. I wasn't sure what kind of clothes I should pick out because I didn't know what we were doing.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the front door. That can't be him already... right? I thought. I looked over to check the time and sure enough, it was five past ten already.

"Shit," I hissed.

I ran to the door and swung it open, slightly out of breath. Elijah stood in front of me with his typical suit on looking as handsome as ever. When I looked up at his face however, I noticed that his eyes were widened and staring at my body. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion until I remembered that the small towel I had on before was the only thing covering my body.

I felt the heat creep up my neck in embarrassment at my attire. I couged awkwardly then backed out of the doorway to let him come inside.

"Sorry.. Uh, I just got out of the shower," I apologized. "I didn't realize what time it was until I heard you knocking. You can come sit down and I'm just gonna go put on some actual clothes.."

Elijah just nodded at me with amusement written clearly on his face. I was about to go back to my room when I remembered something and turned back around to face him.

"What are we doing today? Just so I can pick out the appropriate clothes," I laughed awkwardly.

"Well I was thinking we could go out and get some breakfast first. Then maybe we could take a walk in the woods, and I could teach you how to use your vampire abilities," he responded.

"Okay, great!" I then scurried back to my room so I could quickly get dressed and recover from that very awkward incident. Only I would answer the door for the hottest man I've ever seen, in just a towel.

___________________________________________

Walking back out into my living room, I gave Elijah a smile and said, "Ready to go?"

"Yes, but before we go, I'd like to give you something." I watched him curiously as he pulled a blood bag out of his coat pocket. "I figured you weren't ready to use the feed, heal, and erase method. So instead I brought you this."

"Wow, thank you so much Elijah. That was very thoughtful," I replied. After quickly drinking then discarding the blood bag, I opened the door to leave. Letting Elijah go first, I locked the door behind me after exiting.

We walked to his car and Elijah opened my door for me like a gentleman usually does. I smiled a thank you and watched as he flashed over to his door then started the car.

The ride to the small coffee shop was comfortably silent besides short small talk and the hum of the engine. Elijah opened the door to the cafe and I smiled at him again.

"I'm glad chivalry isn't completely extinct," I said to him.

"Well chivalry was very important to men when I was growing up. Nowadays, it's only something you see once in a while," he explained.

I realized at that moment that Elijah hadn't told me much of his childhood. It seemed like he either didn't want to talk about it or didn't remember most of it. But with me being as curious as I am, I had to ask.

"What was your childhood like?"

Elijah paused for a moment. It looked like he was reminiscing his childhood. I wonder if he remembers when he was a kid, considering it was a thousand years ago.

"My childhood was.. human," he said with a saddened look in his eyes.

With that look, I concluded that this was a very touchy subject. So I decided not to push it at all. Instead I changed the direction of the conversation.

"So are you buying?" I questioned with a coy smile.

"This is a date isn't it?" He replied with a smirk on his lips, making me giggle in return.

_____________________________________________________________

Elijah and I had finished our breakfast and were currently walking through the woods off of a highway. He was in the middle of explaining some of a vampire's capabilities to me. And I was just absorbing all the information with fascination.

"So let me get this straight. Besides all the blood craving, I have super strength, hearing, sight, and I'm immortal." He nodded at my thinking. "Damn, I'm pretty freaking awesome," I exclaimed excitedly. "So what are you going to teach me today?"

"I can teach you anything, but I reckon speed is the most fun," he responded, amused by my giddiness.

"Cool! Let's start with that!"

"Follow me," he said, walking deeper into the forest.

We got to a small clearing when Elijah stopped. He turned to face me with a small smile on his face.

"Take a moment, and just soak in your surroundings," he told me calmly.

I stared confused for a second but did what I was told. I looked around at all of the nature around me noticing for the first time how beautiful it actually looked. It's like everything I was seeing was in HD. The leaves were greener, the flowers were brighter, and everything was just so much more enjoyable.

"Wow," I gasped.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I nodded. "People tend to overlook the smaller things in life, never taking a moment to actually look at what's in front of them," he paused for a moment and when I looked over at him I saw that he was already looking at me. I turned my whole body to face him and felt the corners of my mouth start to tug into a smile.

"What?" I asked him.

He shook his head and averted his gaze for a moment, "Nothing, never mind. But enough with the heavy. Let's get to the fun part."

When I blinked, he had disappeared. I looked around to try and find him but it was no use. I felt a wind whip past my face, seeing a blur of the charcoal suit Elijah was wearing. Turning around again I saw that he was standing right behind me.

"Oh my gosh! Will you stop showing off and teach me how to do that already?" I laughed at him.

"Of course. But first, concentrate." In a second, he was standing behind me. I tensed at the proximity of our bodies but quickly relaxed. He placed his hands on my hips, pulling my back side closer to his front. I could feel the heat from his hands radiate onto my skin as he said, "Imagine yourself propelling forward, the wind whipping past your face.. Concentrate," he whispered huskily into my ear.

I wasn't actually sure what to do at that moment. I didn't know whether I should do what he's telling me, or if I should turn around and kiss him until I can't breathe. Or maybe I should do both...

********************************************************************************

A/N:

Hello lovelies :) Hope you like that little cliffhanger at the end ;) And also the TVD reference there lol. But anyways who liked the originals last night?!?! OMG I actually thought I was gonna go into cardiac arrest idk. And for those of you who haven't seen it, WATCH ITTTT.

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think! Thanks for reading! xoxo

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE