Chapter 3

~Chapter 3~

*Alessandra's POV*

When I opened my eyes, I felt myself being shaken awake by someone. After my eyes focused in on the person's face, I noticed it was Elijah and he was already dressed in a suit. I looked towards the window and saw that it was still dark outside. Raising my eyebrows at Elijah as if saying 'What the hell,' I waited for him to tell me the reason he woke me up so early.

"I had a witch make you a daylight ring," he said as he handed me a ring.

The ring looked vintage and it had a big blue stone in the center. There was a weaving design around it in silver. I put it on my finger and I'm not sure how he knew, but the ring fit perfectly.

"Thanks," I said sleepily. I then looked back at him with a questioning look. "Did you want me to get up right now?"

"No," he chuckled. "I'll let you go back to sleep now."

After he left the room I laughed to myself. Laying back down I fell back asleep almost immediately.

-----------------------------------

For the second time this morning, I woke up and stretched my muscles then got out of the comfy bed. Walking out of the guest room and into the living room, I noticed the house seemed very silent so I figured Elijah had gone out. I walked into the kitchen after and went in the fridge to see what he had to eat. My whole body froze when I saw the many blood bags on the top shelf. The burning in my throat worsened and I was subconsiously backing away from the fridge. I felt the veins under my eyes pop out and my fangs extend.

"You know, you can have one if you wish," I heard a voice say to me from behind.

I gasped and my hand went to my heart in relief from seeing it was Elijah. "Dios mio! Elijah you scared the crap out of me!"

"I'm sorry Alessandra, I didn't mean to startle you," he stated with an amused expression.

"Its fine," I answered.

"I didn't know you were Spanish," he said with a smile on his face.

"Well we don't really know anything about each other now do we?" I saw that he took a second to think about my comment.

"That's very true.. How about we do that today while we're working on your control," he asked me.

"I'd like that," I responded with a smile.

He smiled at my answer and that was the first time after being with him that he looked youthful. He's always being so serious or just trying to hide his emotions that it always makes him look too uptight.

"So, would you like me to take you to your home so you can get clothes to wear for the day?" I had completely forgotten that I was still wearing his clothes until he said something. Probably because you like wearing his clothes, my conscience had to put its two cents in.

"Um yes, that would be great."

I followed Elijah down to the building's parking lot and he opened the door for me when we got to his Range Rover. I smiled him a thank you, then got in the passenger seat. The ride to my apartment was mostly silent besides me giving him directions. After arriving to my door, I invited Elijah inside and showed him to the living room.

"Sorry for the mess," I laughed, " I'm just going to shower then I'll be right out. Make your self at home."

"Okay, take your time," he said calmly.

I walked into my bedroom and shut the door behind me. I showered very quickly so I wouldn't keep Elijah wating. Then got out and put on black skinny jeans with ankle booties, a cropped pink tank top and a leather jacket to go over it. I left my hair in natural waves. After quickly applying some mascara and lip gloss, I hurried back out into the living room where Elijah was relaxing on the couch waiting for me.

"Ready to go," I asked slightly breathless.

"Yes, you look great by the way Alessandra," he complimented, making me blush.

"Thank you," I said while running my hand through my hair. "So where are we going today?"

"Well, if you're going to learn control, we'll have to go somewhere with humans. So we can start small with maybe a diner." Hearing this made me swallow nervously and fidget with my hands. He must have noticed this because he said, "Don't worry, you'll do fine. I won't let you lose it."

I nodded, still a little worried about this but Elijah's faith in me eased my anxiety a little.

About ten minutes later, we arrived at a diner that wasn't too crowded which was good for me. When we walked in, the first thing I could smell was all of the blood around me that caused me to inhale sharply. Elijah quickly stepped in front of me, holding my arms and looking deep into my eyes, trying to calm me down.

"Alessandra, focus. You're not going to hurt these people, you're stronger than that. Just focus on me," Elijah said in a reassuring voice. He then walked me to a table and we sat down together.

"Please distract me," I pleaded, "All I want to do right now is rip into these people's throats." I had my hands in my hair trying not to focus on all the beating hearts in the room.

To my surprise, Elijah took both of my hands into his and stroked his thumb on the back of my hand. It made me forget about all the humans in the room and calmed me down completely. I wasn't sure how or why he had this effect on me considering we had just met, but he did. The way his thumb stroked my hand made me feel like he was leaving trails of fire across my flesh. I looked up into his eyes and saw an emotion that I couldn't interpret. Finally, he spoke.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself now?"

*************************************************************************

A/N:

Here's another chapter! Let me know what you guys think and if you want me to continue! Thanks for reading :) xoxo