Chapter 2

~Chapter 2~

*Alessandra's POV*

After stripping my dirtied clothes and stepping in the shower, I let the hot water relax my muscles. Everything feels so different now and I don't know how to cope with it. My emotions are all discombobulated and I can feel my tears start to mix in with the water from the shower.

My mind keeps flashing back to all the bodies and all the blood. I can't believe I did this.

I know need to stop thinking about it but I just can't. The burning in my throat just won't seem to stop and it makes me feel so much worse. Slapping myself subconsciously, I start to wash my hair with the men's shampoo Elijah has in here. Then I start to wash my body and tried to scrub the guilt off of my flesh but it just wouldn't go away.

Stepping out of the shower I wrap myself in a towel that's hanging and proceed to find clothes to wear. As I'm looking through the draws in the closet, I come across Elijah's underwear drawer and I can feel my face turn a bright crimson in embarrassment. I quickly shut the drawer then look somewhere else and finally settle for a pair of sweatpants that are way too big for me and a button up shirt that I roll to my elbows.

Quietly walking out of the master bedroom, I take the time to absorb my surroundings. The house is absolutely beautiful, but I notice that there isn't much color or personality to it. The walls were painted an eggshell white, the tables were all made of glass, and even though there were decorations here and there you could tell that no one stayed here for long periods of time.

I finally find the kitchen and come across Elijah standing up against the marble counter, with his back to me, having a conversation on the phone.

"Kol is an original, I'm sure he will be able to handle the mess he has made in Chicago just fine," he told the person on the other end.

"He's drawing too much attention to himself Elijah! There are hunters in Chicago that we all should be cautious of," I heard a female voice say on the other line.

Elijah finally seemed to notice my presence in the doorway because he quickly focused all his attention to me. "Rebekah there is nothing to worry about at the moment and if things get worse then we can step in," he hung up on the woman without another word. "Alessandra, are you feeling better now?"

"Um, I'll live I guess. Who was that on the phone?" I asked nosily.

"Just my younger sister Rebekah," he answered calmly. "Would you like anything to eat or drink?"

"I think I've had enough for tonight," I laughed dryly.

He chuckled then responded, "I suppose you're right."

We stared at each other for a moment and I could see amusement clear in his eyes as he looked me up and down. Somehow it made me smile.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You just look very comfortable in my clothes, that's all," he said with a smirk on his face.

I felt my cheeks heat up and cleared my throat. "So um, do you think I can crash here for the night? I don't think I'll be able to sleep in my own house after what happened," I asked him while looking down at the floor.

"Of course, Alessandra. There is a spare room down the hall that you can sleep in," he informed me. "But in the morning I'll need to get you a daylight ring. I'm also going to train you to control your hunger."

"Wait, what?" Why would he want to do that, I thought to myself.

"Well, we can't having you slaughtering all of New York now can we?" He said nonchalantly.

I stared at him with wide eyes. I can't even believe he said that like it wasn't a big deal. But I know that I will need to learn control, so I might as well just cooperate.

"Okay," I responded.

"Let me show you to your room then," Elijah started walking down with me following him. We stopped at a door that was across from his master bedroom.

In the center of the room was a large bed with a white comforter and many pillows. Again, the walls were white and the only things that occupied the room were the bed, a dresser, and a small bedside table.

"Thank you," I turned to him. He nodded and gave me a small smile.

"You're welcome Alessandra. Goodnight." He walked into his bedroom then shut the door behind him.

After I shut the door to guest room and laid in the bed, I thought about how much my life was going to change now that I was a vampire. Hopefully I can handle this.

****************************************************************

A/N:

Hey guys! So I know the story is kinda boring right now but I promise it'll get better so please just bear with me! Also let me know how you like the story and any criticism you have! I love feedback. Thank you for reading and I hope you like the story enough to keep reading! :) xoxo