Fifteen

||Fifteen||

"How was the party?" Jackson asks me the next morning. I'm in my hotel room, sitting in front of my bathroom mirror with my phone leaning against the mirror as Jax and I video chat. I'm applying my make-up, getting ready for the day I have ahead of me. Since Robert had to fly back to Atlanta at the crack of dawn this morning, Jade had planned a day full of shopping and eating- two of her favorite things.

"It was fun," I reply.

"Did you get to catch up with any of your old friends?"

I stare at my reflection in the mirror, memories of last night flashing in my mind. "Yeah, caught up with everyone."

I can hear Dutch bark and I smile as I see him jump into the frame. "How's my boy?"

Jackson chuckles and smiles as he pets Dutch, "He misses his mom."

"I miss him,"

"Is he the only one you miss?"

I smile and shake my head as I place my eyeliner down onto the counter, "No. I miss Tyson, too."

Jackson laughs and nods his head, "Oh really. So you miss the dogs but you don't miss me?"

I roll my eyes and reach for my favorite eyeshadow pallet, "You know I miss you, too. I've only sent you about six texts since arriving telling you so."

Jax smiles and continues to pet Dutch, "We should probably hang up now. I have to start getting ready for work and you have to meet up with Jade and you're not even done with your make-up, yet."

"Yeah, Dan will be pissed if you're late to pick him up again." I say with a laugh.

We hang up a few seconds later after wrapping up our conversation. I finish doing my make-up, pick up my hair into a slick and neat bun, and get dressed, slipping on a pair of light blue calf high jeans, a white blouse, and a pair of white Converse.

Just as I zip up my overnight bag, my phone rings, revealing Jade's face and number on my screen. "I'm just about to head downstairs to check-out," I say as I answer the phone.

"Me too," I hear my best friend whisper on the other line. "But I was calling to give you a heads up."

"Why are you whispering?" I ask as I swing my purse over my shoulder and grab my bag from the bed.

"Im," Jade says just as I grab my hotel room's door and push the handle down and pull open the door, "Justin's outside your door."

��6(