18 - Fury

He was just yards away, gurgling with a violent fire. His bright eyes of flame seemed to bore straight through Andrew.

Then he spoke.

"Free her and die."

 The sound was fire roaring through the vents. It repeated again and again. Like the song . . .

"Free her and die . . ."

Andrew thought he could see Lithe spinning in the flame.

"Wh-where is she?!" Andrew shouted, trying to look brave.

Fornax rumbled. A great fireball of heat swatted Andrew to the ground. He used his burnt palms to catch himself and immediately cried out as the most terrible pain radiated down his arms. He had broken the blisters and now his palms were wet with stickiness and dust mingled together.

"Consequences," said the monster. "Consequences . . ."

Andrew saw her now. Lithe was dancing in Fornax, smiling, her fingers holding on to his mouth-like grate.

The ceiling began to move.

The vents rolled and twisted moving, attempting to break away from the ceiling. Dust and paint flecks fell like ash.

"You can't scare me!" Andrew shouted. "You can't . . ."

But the sound had stopped. Andrew looked up to see fury and confusion on the face of Mr. Taggerty.

---------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this week! Tune in next Friday to see what dark history Mr. Taggerty has to reveal . . .

I would love a comment and a vote! Follow me too! I have 1,000's of stories to publish!

I will update this store every Friday!