Chapter 8

"Get your lazy butt up already! We need food!" Caleb whined to me Saturday morning. Is it a crime to want peace and quiet on your Saturday morning?

I slide a hand from under my covers and gave him the finger. Not bothering to even open my eyes or pretend to get up. They can get their self-food.

"Don't make me do it ry." I could hear the threat behind his words. If I was smart I wouldn't have ignored it. But since I was tired I buried my face more into my pillow. "Ok, just remember you brought this on yourself." Seconds later I heard my bedroom door shut. I let out a content sigh.

I was seconds away from falling into a deep sleep when I heard my door bust open. I ignored it.

"Remember you asked for this." Caleb's annoying voice said. I screamed as I felt something hard hit me on the side of the head. Yolk was running down the side of my face as I sat up. He threw an egg at me? And complains there's no food!

I glared at him. Reaching over to my bedside table I quickly pulled my gun out and aimed it at him.

"Now ry-" He flew back as I pulled the trigger. An evil grin slide on my face. I crawled to the end of my bed and smirked down at him. "Was that really necessary? I just got this vest!" he complained. I watched as he ripped his shirt open and the bullet proof vest came into view. There was a bullet hole right were his heart would be.

"You should've left me alone!" I laughed.

He glared. "How'd you know I was even wearing one?" He rolled over onto his stomach then pushed himself up off the floor.

I wiped some of the yolk off my face and flung it at him. "Maybe I didn't know." His eyes widened. I laughed jumping off the bed and made my way to the bathroom.

"You're evil!"

****

"Ry tried to kill me this morning." Was the first thing I heard as I made my way to the kitchen.

"What'd you do to her?" Taylor's voice was full of accusion.

"Nothing! Just told her we needed food and she flipped then shot me." He was such a good liar.

"You forgot to mention you threw an egg at me." I causally walked into the kitchen. Daniel rolled his eyes at my attire. "What? Cant a girl walk around comfortably in her own house."

"You're barely wearing any clothes." He glared at me.

"I'm ok with that." Perverted Caleb grinned. I swear Daniel think he's everybody dad. Not like I was naked. I was wearing a cami and lace panties. What's the crime?

"Does my body disgust you Daniel?" I smirked looking for some cereal.

He sighed. "No"

"Then shut up, my pants are in the dryer. Where the hell are the cereal?" I slammed the cabinet closed in frustration.

"You're such a morning person." Taylor grinned at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Like I said, we need food."

"Well where'd you get the egg from?" I glared at him.

"It was the last one..." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. I rolled my eyes. What an idiot.

"Fine. Give me the keys to your car."

"What? Why mine?"

"Well you're the one that wants the food the most and you wasted an egg." I smirked. He let out a growl but tossed me his keys anyways. I started making my way to the door.

"I know you have a nice body and all but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to enter stores like that." Daniel said from behind me. I groaned completely forgetting about clothes.

"I hate shopping." I grumbled to myself grabbing a box of macaroni off the shelf. Or should I say trying. The problem is for whatever reason they place all the best brands up top, so short people like myself struggle to take them down. I stretched as far as I could but still only grazed the side.

"Need help lightweight?" I groaned hearing his voice. Just perfect. I'm starving and now I have to deal with this nutcase.

"No I got it just go away." Maybe if I stand on the bottom shelf....I quickly dismissed the thought.

"Doesn't seem like you have it to me." I could hear the smirk in his voice and it was ruining my mood even more. "Here let me just help." Before I could even protest I felt a firm hand grip my ass. A squeak left my lips as I quickly jumped back from the shelf.

"Keep your hands off me pervert!" I growled at him. He stood there smiling seeming very satisfied with my reaction.

"I was only trying to help." He held his hands up in a surrender gesture. He reached next to him and easily grabbed a box of macaroni before tossing it in my cart. "What you cooking us tonight?"

"I'm not cooking you anything." I started making my way down the aisle and away from him.

"Did you do your homework?" God would he just go away.

"You didn't assign us any homework." I told him in a duh tone.

"Hmm really? I'll have to make sure I do next time." Why was he following me?

"Don't you have your own shopping to do? That is why you're here right?"

"Actually no." I was about to ask him what he meant by that when suddenly his phone started to ring. "Hello? Again? Just deal with it. What do you mean you can't? How big of a problem?" I tried to hear what the person on the other end was saying, but sadly I wasn't born with super hearing like superman. "Fine I'm on my way." He flipped his phone closed and looked at me.

"What?" I glared. I didn't like people staring at me.

"As much as I know you're enjoying my company, I must leave you now." And with that he turned and walked away. Weirdest encounter in my life

--

"I got the food so you guys cook." I yelled soon as I entered the house. I got no response.

"Hellooooo."

I walked into the kitchen and no one was there. Wow so they beg me to get them food then leave? I'm going to kill Caleb.

Ring-ring-rin-

"Hello?"

"Rylan? Omg it's terrible!" Taylor cried into the phone.

"What? What happened?"

"It's Caleb! He's been shot."

"What! By who?" I instantly made my way to the closet and reached into the back where all my guns were located.

"The Dark Knights!" I felt my breath catch. Why them? What do they want with us?

"Are you sure it was them?" I asked.

"Yes! They took Daniel." I felt the phone drop from my hands. Anger took over my body. It's one thing to shoot one of my gang members but now they've taking one to torture? I picked my phone up since Taylor was in hysterics. "What are we going to do?"

"Where are you? I'm on my way?" Dark Knight was going to pay.