Chapter 12 (Melted Hearts) Part 1

Chapter 12 

  (Melted Hearts)

The night seem to stretch out before them and the only sound that dared to enter the room was the slow chirping of crickets. Candice leaned back her eyes closed while her hair curling around her shoulders. For the first time in days Candice let her muscles loose. She hadn’t even noticed the cramps and knots in her neck and her shoulders. She took in a deep breath and slowly exhaled stretching out her arms in front of her.

“You’re awake.” Nathan said sitting up with the soft blanket covering half of his bare chest. Candice nodded watching as the moon light hit his smooth skin and hard muscles. She swallowed back the desire ; which was hard knowing that behind those dark pupils was pure lust. 

“I can’t sleep.” she answered.

“Are you scared?” he asked leaning back. Candice shook her head and shrugged.

“Tensed might be the right word. What are we doing Nathan? This is getting us no where.” Candice gushed out. Nathan let the silence stretch out for a few second before he stood up from his corner of the room and walked towards her in all his manly glory. She began to laugh remembering what Anthony had said when they were smaller.

“What’s so funny?” Nathan asked stepping down to her length and then finally sat right besides her making her body tensed and cold.

“Anthony.” she smiled at the memory.

“Anthony?” Nathan turned towards her. He took her hands in his and began to stroke the back with his thumb. Candice didn’t move nor did she attempt to pull out of his grip. She just leaned further back and relaxed on the plush pillow.

“He used to run around the house naked and when ever my mom told him to go put clothes on he would run through the house screaming at her to leave him and his manly glory alone.” Candice snickered knowing very well how ridiculous that sounded and she didn’t expect Nathan to enjoy her childhood memory. But to her surprise she found him chuckling besides her.

“Eliot did that once except he decided to go to the loo while doing it.” he laughed surprising Candice even more. They both fell into a comfortable rythym of laughter until he turned to look at her straight in the eyes. She became very still. 

“Why do you do that?” He asked stroking the side of her cheeks. 

“What?” she asked letting him play with her hair. He went on touching the back of her neck.

“You get really tensed; when ever I touch you.” he said observing her from the corner of his eyes. 

“I do. You’re intimidating that’s all.” she said honestly. Nathan grinned all too sweetly then took her hand and kissed her knuckles without moving his eyes from hers.

“Or is it because you’re physically attracted to me?” he grinned.

“That too. I’m sleepy.” she said hastily and turned but he grabbed hold of her waist.

“We’re grown adults. We both know what we’re getting into and we’re clearly attracted to each other. There’s no denying it; I don’t want you to be embarrassed of it.” He whispered bringing her closer. She stayed quiet scared , if she opened her mouth something stupid would come out. He grinned and with a kiss on the lips he brought her closer to his bare chest. She felt the hard muscles beneath her cool hands and let the heat of his body burn hers. Without sharing another word Candice felt her eye lids droop and soon she fell asleep.

Nathan felt her breaths growing heavier and slower. He leaned towards her and found her asleep. Nathan dropped his hands over the curled up body next to him and sighed. This wasn’t part of the plan; he wasn’t suppose to care, really care about her. This was supposed to be an in and out situation. He closed his eyes and tried but sleep didn’t come easy. The only thing he could do with Candice resting on his chest ,making him immobile, was to think. So he began ; to think. Surprisingly the only thing he thought of was the scent of lavender Candice wore, the way her hair naturally curled around his hands and the softness of her cheeks-the goodness of her heart. It was easy to think of her now but in the future he saw her in the arms of a happy man, two children playing around in a full bedded front lawn while she leaned back in a swing laughing at something silly they had done. He stopped feeling a sudden rage in his heart. Even the thought of her being in another man’s arms brought bile into his mouth. He let out a tense breath and looked down at Candice who was still sleeping. He wanted her, more than any other woman. Nathan clenched the side of his blanket; picturing her in his arms with his children in his own front lawn and it felt good. He closed his eyes and let the picture play over and over in his mind until he too fell asleep.

I know I've been lagging behind- I've been really busy but here's part 1 to chapter 12. I know It's shoret but I didn't want to keep you guys waiting..