Chapter 6: What Thing?

*Edited*

Aiden's POV

As I walked up to the school I felt half excited half nervous. Excited because I could talk to Meaghan, Ethan, and Scarlett without feeling as awkward as before. Nervous because I would have to talk with Aaron today and I still had to go to his house, which I would have to do every day for the next month and a half.

Great.

I walked into the school and instead of going to my locker I went towards Ethan's. I wanted to see him so I would just head to my locker afterward. I saw Scarlett standing next to Ethan at his locker. I felt a small smile settle onto my face because I was pleasantly surprised. The girl I was in love with is good friends with my best friend. What guy wouldn't want that?

"Hey, guys!" I smile widely, coming to stand in front of the two.

"Oh hey, Aiden how what's up." Scarlett asked warmly. I felt that feeling in my stomach again and wanted to cheer. I still liked her.

I was still straight

I shook off the thought and came back to focus on the conversation.

"Hey, Aiden." Ethan said, a small smile resting on his face. "Do you have time tonight?"

I thought for a moment and was going to tell him yes until I remembered my commitment.

"No, I am going to be at Aaron's." I told him.

"Really? Why?" Ethan asked surprised that we were so close.

"We have a project together." I explained.

"Mr. Baldwin." I added.

"Oh." He said in understanding. He has Mr. Baldwin a different period and knows how he is with projects and partners.

"Well anyway-" I was cut off by someone slamming into my back.

"Why Aiden!" Meaghan smiled happily as she saw that I was in pain from her sudden attack to my back.

"Hey, Meaghan." I greeted back, still happy to see her.

"Hey, Meaghan!" Scarlett beamed excitedly, going over to hug Meaghan just as she let go of me. "How are you?"

"I'm good Scarlett, I'm just sad that Aaron hasn't brought you by lately." Meaghan said to Scarlett as they started a conversation.

"Yeah well we have been busy but it's all good with me. I'll make sure to insist one of these days." Scarlett assured Meaghan with a wink.

"Hey," Ethan bud in, finally introducing himself. "I'm Ethan." Meaghan stopped for a second to look at Ethan.

Though I don't mention it. Ethan is a very handsome guy. He gets confessions twice a week at a minimum and girls are always checking him out.

"Meaghan." She said as she put her hand out to shake Ethan's.

By the way, she looked at him I guessed that she liked him. But it wasn't like a new thing No. She looked as if she has had feelings for him for a while and I was kind of hoping that this would work out.

They shook hands and after the introductions, we talked until the bell rang telling us to get to class.

We parted ways with Meaghan and eventually with Scarlett too since she had a different class.

We walked into class a minute before the teacher came and then I was in student mode so I tuned out all other thoughts.

Including the ones that said that Aaron was standing outside of the class . . .