Chapter 17: Déjà vu

Aiden's POV

After Aaron "asked me out" I completely ignored him for the rest of the night. It wouldn't have been that hard if he didn't have such a sad and depressed look every time I looked away from him.

"So, what do you kids want to do for your last day here?" My mom asked. Today is Monday and since it's a long weekend we were able to stay here a day longer but we are going to have to leave in the evening.

"We don't really know." Rachel said. "Maybe we could just hang out at the beach again?"

"No!"

Everyone looked at Aaron surprised.

"We should do something different." He answered the silent question everyone was throwing his way.

"Well, they're playing a movie in the main area. Maybe you guys could go watch." My mom suggests.

"Well, we don't really have anything else to do." I say voicing my opinion.

"Yeah, after we can just stay here till we have to leave." Mark says.

Mason starts coughing on his toast while pounding his chest and my mother, my father, and I all start getting out of our seats to help him but Mark is at his side before any of us even take a step.

Mark calms him down but now Mason is beat red but I have a feeling it has nothing to do with coughing.

"Are you okay?" I ask my little brother once he has calmed down.

"I'm fine." He says giving me a smile.

"Alright." I say.

~~~

The day passed by peacefully.

The movie was pretty good and when we got back we just stayed in Ethan and Chris's room talking about nothing in particular until my dad came to tell us to start packing.

Once we were done and prepared to go we got in the same cars as before and left Dearhearst.

We got to Toronto by nine and dropped everyone off around nine forty.

I dropped on my bed with a big huff.

"What a long day." I say to no one in particular.

"Yeah." Mason agrees, startling me.

"Hey, Mason?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you have a crush on Mark?" I ask. His face blows up with a blush and I realize that we both blush a lot.

"Y-yeah." He mumbles quietly. "Do you have a crush on Aaron?"

Now it's my turn to blush.

"Yeah."

"I guess we are going to continue the adoption legacy." He says with a laugh.

I start laughing with him slightly before we quiet down again.

"Do you think mom and dad will except us?" He asks a little sad.

"Yeah. Of course!" I say honestly.

"But what if they don't?"

I pause thinking for a moment.

"Then we will get through it together." I tell him, looking him straight in the eye.

"Thanks." He whispers quietly as he starts to tear up.

"Your welcome." I whisper even quieter as a few tears slide down my cheeks.