Bane's First Steps

JODYS POV

I yawned and rolled onto my side in bed. I opened my eyes to glance at the clock and found myself face to face with a pair of bright hazel eyes. Instead of Haddiean next to me, Benji was sitting cross-legged on Haddieans pillow. I resisted the urge to groan an energetic 4 year old is not what I wanted right now. 

‘Mama, Dad is making us pancakes and they smell really bad’ he told me, holding his nose for effect. 

I groaned out loud. Haddiean was trying to cook, I was hoping he’d given up on the whole trying-to-teach-himself-to-cook thing. 

Rubbing my eyes I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and grabbed Benji’s hand. 

We went out into the kitchen, where Haddiean was standing at the bench frowning at the cook book and glancing at the mixture he had in a bowl. Bane saw me first and twisted in his high chair, grinning at me. 

Haddiean looked up at me sheepishly, his dark hair curling in his face ‘it looks funny’ he told me, pushing the bowl towards me. 

I rolled my eyes and dug my fingers into his hair, pulling him down for a long kiss before pushing him out of the way so I could fix the mixture. 

He sat at the table and helped Benji with a colouring in sheet and picking up Bane's toys when they rolled off his high chair. 

I managed to salvage the pancakes, barely. I've told Haddiean to not even go near the kitchen, but does he listen? No!

After we fill up on the delicious goodness that is pancakes Benji’s friend Cameron turned up at the door. Benji had a play date at 9 and Cam’s Mum was right on time. Benji gave us both a hug and spun Bane around in a tight hug. 

I walked Benji to the door and Cam gave me a huge grin then him and Benji started to chat. 

Cam’s Mum Miranda nodded cooly at me. She didn’t approve of the whole teen-parents thing. 

I watched them drive off and closed the door. Haddiean and Bane were in the longeroom. Haddiean was sitting on the ground near the couch and Bane was racing towards him on his stomach. 

Haddiean flipped him onto his back and blew raspberries on his tummy. Bane squealed with laughter and grabbed at Haddieans hair, holding tight. I left them to play and went back to the kitchen to clean up the mess. 

I grabbed some of Haddieans papers off the table and gave them a shake. I was surprised that there wasn't any maple syrup on them, after all they had been sitting there all through breakfast. 

I scanned the musical notes and tossed them onto Haddiean's desk as i passed, I'll leave the music to Haddiean if he leaves the cooking to me. 

He only jusy recently started playing the piano again. before that it had been years since he'd even sat at a piano and now he teaches young children to play. 

As i walked past them, Haddiean grabbed my ankle and tugged me down beside him. I hit the ground hard and glared at him 'What was that for?' i demanded.

Haddiean grinned at me 'just watch' 

he pointed to Bane who was holding tight to the couch that was a few feet away. he let go of the couch and wobbled unsteadily. he went to lift a foot and fell back onto his bum. 

Instead of crying he frowned and reached up to grab the couch again pulling himself to his feet. He turned his head to look at me and Haddiean, a frown of concentration marring his tiny face.

I gaped as he grinned at us amd then tok a few steps and dashed to us the rest of the way. 

He threw himself into our laps and grinned up at us.

'hey, Jodes?' Heddiean asked.

'Yeah?'

'Did you know he could walk?' his voice was rough as he picked Bane up.

'Benji teach!' Bane squealled.

Haddiean jumped to his feet and spun Bane around until he giggled 

'of course he did! of course he did!'

ALSO!!!!! people i am thinking of writing a sequel/spin off that revolves around Andy/Drew what do you guys think????

please comment...

I will try to put more of these up if you have any sugesstions e.g. Benji's first kiss/ date then let me know!!!