Chapter Nineteen - Desperation

So, the story is almost at an end. Check out my other stories, I promise they are much much better as this was written by a 14 yearold and i am older and wiser now.

KAINS POV

I stood in the ICU waiting for the doctor. Haddiean was in bad condition. The bullet missed his heart, hitting his stomach and he’d lost a lot of blood by the time that I got home and found him. I rocked Benji, who was asleep and wiped the tear from my cheek.

I was terrified about loosing Haddiean. He was the last child I had left. I’d lost Madelyne and Benji before their lives had even really started. It wasn’t fair to them and it wasn’t fair to me.

I looked at the clock, 1 hour and 10 minutes he’d been in surgery.

JODYS POV

My head hurt, like mad. I tried to roll over but the space I was in was too small for me too move. I tried not to scream as I looked around me. It looked like I was in some sort of a coffin. I reached up and touched the roof above me, and this time I couldn’t hold back my scream. I WAS in a coffin!

KAINS POV

1 hour 58 minutes

JODYS POV

I forced myself to calm down, the more I hyperventilated the more air I breathed, and I couldn’t afford to lose any more of my air. I pressed my hands to my face and took a deep breath, and that was when I felt the scab like bumpiness on my face. It was blood, Haddieans blood. And I screamed again.

KAINS POV  

2 hours 27 minutes

JODYS POV

I managed to calm down,  and after about an hour, I felt the coffin moving. God, it made me sick to just think about laying in a coffin. I could hear muffled voices through the coffin I yelled and banged on the roof of the coffin but I got no response.

Terrified I banged even harder. Still no response.

10 minutes later the roof lifted slightly and a face looked in, it was the guy that had shot Haddiean. ‘Shh princess, almost home’

I screamed at him and threw all my weight into my hands as I tried to lift the lid higher. No luck, he must have had someone there with him, because the lid barely moved.

I was closed in again and as my fear took over, I screamed over and over and pounded my fists on the roof.

But I only succeeded in hurting myself.

KAINS POV

3 hours and 15 minutes.

The doctor came out. He looked at me and I gripped Benji tight.

‘Your son will make it’

JODYS POV

My knuckles were red raw and bleeding and my eyes were sore from crying so much. The lid suddenly opened and it was that guy again, this time I got a good look at him, blonde hair blue eyes. Not much older than me.

I launched myself at him and scratched at every bit of avalible skin I could. He pinned my arms to my sides and stroked a hand over my hair.

‘Its okay Princess, your home now, safe and sound’

I tried to push away from him. ‘I’m not home! I want my son, I want my boyfriend and I want my parents!’

He laughed, a melodic laugh that chilled my bones with how beautiful it sounded.

‘you don’t need them, you have me. And we can have many sons, you don’t need him’

oh god, who was this crazy psycho?

‘and princess, you can call me Andy’

KAINS POV

Thank god. He’s okay hes alive.

‘he should wake up soon’

I pressed my face into Benji’s hair and sighed.

Someone is watching out for him up here. I followed the doctor into Haddieans room and went to his side. I stroked his face and tears dripped back down my cheeks and this time I let them.

2 and a half hours later, he woke.

He was a little groggy as he looked around. He frowned and blinked a little. ‘Dad?’

I walked away from the window and to his side, he tried to sit up and fell back in pain. Then he saw Benji, curled up at his side asleep and a ghost of a smile crossed his face.

He tried to lift his son and when he couldn’t the sorrow on his face dragged at my heart, I helped him, positioning Benji in his arms.

‘How long?’

I shrugged, ‘you were in surgery for over 3 hours, and I don’t know how long before I found you, sorry son’

Haddiean sighed and nodded, tears leaking down his cheeks and he held tight onto Benji and closed his eyes.