FINALLY LMAO

The bus pulled up to the stop nearest to Gerard's house and the two stepped out into the rainy September night."Shit, it's cold!" Lindsey stated, pulling her coat tighter around her body."

You can use my blanket when we get back to mine, now come on." Gerard only pulled her along faster, ignoring the rain that was messing up his new hair. 

 "I'm also stealing your pajamas." 

 "You do you babe." 

 Lindsey snorted in reply but followed Gerard, walking faster to keep up with him. After near running through the streets the pair eventually reached Gerard's house, the black haired boy pulling out his keys and fumbling to get the door open. 

 A shared sigh of relief left their mouths as the front door swung closed and they relaxed into the inviting warmth of the Way household. "Mikey! We're back!" Gerard called to his younger brother. 

He started to pull his coat and shoes off dropping the bag of clothes Lindsey had picked out. A moment later Mikey came down the stairs."Oh hey Lindsey, welcome back. Where did you even- Wait what!" The younger of the three looked at Gerard with a shocked expression. "Wow I didn't know you even knew what a hair cut was never mind actually getting it styled!" 

 "Oh shut up." Gerard grabbed his bags and pushed past his younger brother, heading to the kitchen. He heard Lindsey laughing and Mikey questioning her on how she got him to cut his hair, and what bribe did she use. 

"I'm seventeen, Mikey. Getting a new haircut shouldn't be so shocking to you." 

 "You may be seventeen, Honey, but this is you we're talking about. Had you even brushed you hair today?" Lindsey scoffed, looking at him knowingly. She had a point. 

 "Right okay I'm not the most appearance-conscious person, but give me a break." The older boy sighed, lifting down mugs from the cupboard, having already turned on the kettle. 

 "It's nice though. Like, it suits you." Mikey smiled at his brother, seemingly impressed with Lindsey's work. 

 "Well thanks." 

"You're welcome." Both Lindsey and Mikey chimed, then laughing as Mikey turned and left, smiling at his brother."There, see? I told you it was nice." 

 "Yeah Linds, you told me a thousand times." He chuckled, passing his friend her mug and making his way out of the kitchen and to his room. After they had both got inside, the door was shut and they had settled, Gerard spoke up again. "Soooooo. You gonna tell me now or what because I think I'm going to cry if you don't." 

Lindsey sighed and set her mug down looking him in the eyes. "You aren't going to believe me." 

"After all of this today I don't think you could be lying," he pleaded. "Just tell me please." 

"Well you remember Frank sat with us during lunch today?" She began. 

"God, how could I forget."

"Well. How do I put this. I think that Frank might be... like you? I totally didn't phrase that right oh lord."

"Like me?" Gerard stared at her completely confused. There was no way him and Frank Iero were at all similar. Lindsey had lost it. "Did you seriously drag me around all night to tell me bullshit?" 

"No, okay just listen for a second. After seeing Frank and watching him when he talks to you or just how he glances at you quickly during conversations, I think he's... God damn it. Gerard, Frank Iero is gay." Lindsey rushed the rest of the sentence, obviously frustrated at how to put it. 

Her friend, however just stared at her. "S-so... You uh think-" 

"Not think Gee, I know."

"Okay then, you um know he's... gay?" He questioned her, completely dumbfounded.

"Yes and that's exactly why I've made you all pretty. You're going to march into that house tomorrow and show him what real chemistry is. You get me?" She demanded.

"Are you telling me to seduce him?!" Gerard half shouted, shocked.

"Oh one more time there Gee I don't think the next street quite heard you there." She raised one eyebrow and sighed. "That's exactly what I'm telling you to do."

"Come on Linds, get real here." Gerard looked down at his hands in his lap. The shock had worn off and the disappointment was setting in. Had Lindsey really brought him around town all night just to tell him this. Even if Frank was gay, he would never look twice at him. The guy was just being polite because he was new, he didn't have any genuine interest in Gerard and no new clothes or hairstyle would change that.

Lindsey saw the doubt etched into the black haired boys face. She moved closer to sit next to him and put her arms around his shoulders. "Gee, you just have to believe me when I'm telling you this. I wouldn't push you to do something if I thought it would end up hurting you. I'm doing this because I think it would make you happy. Stop doubting yourself and I swear you better not be doubting me. When have I ever been wrong or hurt you?"

He looked up from his lad and straight into his best friends eyes. Her features were softer than before, but still determined. He knew she was being honest with him and he knew he had no reason to fight it. She was right. Lindsey had always been there and always helped him when he needed it. He closed his eyes and replied, "Never. You've never been wrong and you aren't wrong now."

Her eyes lit up, "Does this mean you'll go?!"

"This means I'll go." He answered with a small smile.

"Oh My God Gee! This is going to be perfect I promise you!" She announced and pressed a big kiss to his cheek. "And trust me honey you'll get more than that from little Iero sooner or later." And with a wink she got up and went hunting for pajamas. 

 ****** 

After they spent the rest of the night talking and Lindsey had planned out everything he would wear and decided on the 'plan of action', as she kept referring to it as, was, they had both got into bed to sleep. 

It had only been their first day but it seemed like it had been years ago when Frank sat beside him in Chemistry class and kick started a reaction from Lindsey that was more than a little bit shocking for Gerard.

Lindsey's breathing had slowed to a steady rhythmic pace and Gerard law awake listening to it. It helped calm his own racing heart that wouldn't slow down as thoughts and ideas of tomorrow ran through his mind.

He still couldn't get it into his head what was happening and expected to wake up from this dream anytime now. Back to his lanky dark hair and Frank-less life. But that never happened. When he did wake up, it was to Lindsey screaming and jumping on him repeating, "Wake up sunshine, you've got things to do and people to fuck."  

-----

GUESS WHOS BACK 

even though like no one reads this

but yeah i've been really busy with exams and coursework all year but im in the middle of finals and decided to finish this chapter bc i had wrote the start of it like back in October oOps

Hope you guys like it and if you want me to fix anything please comment bc i'm not completely confident with this story atm ah well