Buddy Holly

After a long day of work at your new job in Texas, you walk into a nearby bar and sit at the counter. Summoning the bartender, you order your favorite drink and dig through your purse for some money. The bartender returns with your drink, and you thank him and give him your money.

At the front of the bar, a band was playing. A singer was standing at the front of the stage, strumming an acoustic guitar. He was quite attractive, and from what you could hear, he was talented too.

You take another sip of your drink, and give your undivided attention to the singer. He sings for the next two hours, mainly older songs from Elvis. However, when he begins to play his last song of the night, you realize that you don't recognize any part of it.

Well, that'll be the day, when you say goodbye

Yes, that'll be the day, when you make me cry

You say you're gonna leave, you know it's a lie

'Cause that'll be the day, when I die.

After this first verse, you realize that the singer is looking back at you, and you quickly look away, blushing slightly, and finish your drink. Then, you head to the bathroom to freshen up.

When you return from the bathroom, you realize that it has gotten late and decide to head home. You are just about to open the door to leave when you feel a light tap on your shoulder. You spin around and are surprised to see the singer standing behind you, his eyes searching your face from behind his black-rimmed glasses.

"Do you need something?" You ask.

He blinks. "I'm sorry, I mus' seem very rude. My name is Buddy, Buddy Holly. And migh' I say, I think yer the prettiest girl I've seen all night."

You feel your cheeks turning red as you respond, "Thank you."

He smiles at you and asks, "So, how did ye like the show?"

You return the smile and say, "It was lovely. You're very talented, you know. You performed that last song especially well."

Buddy stands up straighter and grins proudly.

"Why, thank you, ma'am. I actually wrote that last one on my own."

You look at him, impressed.

"That's quite an accomplishment," you say. "You must be proud."

"I am indeed, ma'am," he says. "I've been working on some others, but they're not as good as the first one yet."

You nod to show you are listening, and then begin to look around you as Buddy falls silent. After a minute or so, you turn to him.

"Well, Buddy, it was nice meeting you, but I think I must be going."

You turn around and begin to walk away when Buddy grabs your arm and spins you around.

"Wait a second," he says. "I don't even know your name."

"That would make sense, wouldn't it," you say. "I haven't told you my name. Besides, no one around here really knows me because I've just moved here."

"That doesn' matter. Can you please just tell me yer name?" Buddy pleads.

Your mouth curves into a small grin as you answer him.

"[Y/N]."

"Well then, Miss [Y/N], I hope ye'll consider me your first new friend here," he says, placing his hands on your shoulders.

You beam at him.

"I think I can do that."
_______________________________________

...

Yeah, I know this one's a little shorter (and kinda bad), but I wanted to do a Buddy Holly imagine and this is the only thing that came to mind.

Regardless, I hope you enjoyed!

Feel free to comment, vote, request, and all that jazz. :)