Miss You (A Keith Richards Request)

"You mean you're leaving me?" 

Keith stopped with his hand on the doorknob. He turned back to face you, a flash of sadness appearing in his deep brown eyes.

"I'm sorry, Y/N," he attempted, but you held up a hand to block his excuses.

"Oh, you're sorry, are you? You're sorry for leaving me for someone you don't love, just for the publicity?"

Keith let go of the door and took a step toward you.

"I'm not going to Anita for the publicity. She's my friend, and I really do love her," Keith said, staring at his feet to avoid your fiery gaze.

"That's bullcrap," you stormed. "We've dated for five years, Keith, ever since high school, and you've only known Anita Pallenberg for what? Six months? There's no way that you could possibly love her more than you claimed to love me."

Keith winced and shook his head. 

"I'm sorry," he said again, reaching for your hand.

"I don't want your apologies," you said angrily, taking a step back. "It seems as though you've made up your mind. Just leave." 

Keith didn't move, but attempted to make you understand his reasoning.

"This is important for the band," he insisted. "You have to understand. Once we get on the charts I'll come back for you, I'll say that dating Anita was a mistake --"

You couldn't take this anymore. You spun Keith around and pushed him out of your house. 

"If you don't want me, then I certainly don't want you hanging around my home," you said. "I don't want to be considered a last resort."

Before Keith could say anything else, you shut the door and made your way into the living room.

When you were sure that Keith had left, you burst into tears.

________

"Keith?"

Keith looked up from his guitar to see Anita standing in the doorway.

"Hun, you haven't been out of the house for a week, and you've barely spoken to anyone. Are you sure you're okay?"

Keith nodded slowly, strumming another chord.

"Yeah. 'M fine."

Anita walked over to him with a sigh and draped an arm around his shoulders.

"You don't really want to be here, Keith," she declared. Keith snapped his head around to look at her.

"No, Nita, I do, I --"

But Anita shook her head.

"You miss her too much," she said knowingly. "I thought maybe I could teach you to love me. We are friends, after all, and friends often fall in love with each other without even realizing it. But I remember seeing you with Y/N. You've never looked at me the way you look at her."

Anita moved away, and Keith stood up. 

"But what about the Stones? This was all for them --"

"I'm sure they'll understand. Love triumphs over all, anyway. You can't let some silly old band get in the way of the love of your life," she chided. 

Keith sighed and then nodded.

"You're right, Anita," he said. "I really never wanted to break up with Y/N... ah, what have I done? She was so upset when I left, she'll never take me back after what I did."

Anita stood silently for a moment before speaking.

"If she truly loves you, Keith, she'll take you back," she said wisely. "It may take a while, but I guarantee that you'll find some way to win her over."

Keith flashed her a smile. 

"Thanks, Anita. I think I'd better go."

Anita nodded and walked Keith to the door.

"Goodbye, Keith. And good luck!" she said. Keith hugged her quickly and set off to find his true love once again.

________

Finding you proved to be an easy task, as the two of you had lived together before Keith left, and there was no way that you could've moved out in a week.

"Right?" Keith asked himself as he stood in front of your door. "I mean, the lights are on, so..."

Keith shook his head. C'mon, Richards, stop stalling. You can do this.

He knocked on the door. After a moment he could hear the sound of footsteps making their way down the hall until they stopped in front of the oak wall.

The structure slowly creaked open, and bit by bit Keith could see your figure appearing from behind the gate.

"Keith?" your voice asked.

"Hi, Y/N," he replied, grinning.

"Why did you come back?" you asked suspiciously, tucking your H/C hair behind your ear and crossing your arms in front of you. "Did you forget something?"

"As a matter of fact, I did," Keith replied. "I forgot you."

Your eyes widened at these words, but you refused to let your guard down just yet, no matter how much you had missed him.

"What about the band? Won't they be upset?" you inquired. "And what about Anita? I thought you loved her."

"Well, this week I realized that there is nothing in this world that I love more than you," he confessed. "Except maybe myself."

You found yourself laughing, and a second later you had flung yourself into Keith's arms.

"Oh, Keith. You have no idea how much I've missed you," you said into his shirt, and you felt his arms tighten around your waist as he kissed the top of your head.

"Then I'll have to make sure that I never let you go again, love."

And with that, he pulled you into a kiss that he had been longing for since the day he left.

____________________

Hello friends!

I hope you enjoyed this request! I'm hoping to be more on top of these as I receive them, but it may be a bit difficult due to the lovely prison that is school lol.

As always, feel free to comment, vote, and all that jazz, and hopefully I'll see you more often than as of late!

Talk to you all soon!