A Little Imagine For Myself...

The girl stood in the center of her bedroom, the door and windows closed. Taking a deep breath, the girl began to sing.

Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match

Find me a find, catch me a catch

Matchmaker, Matchmaker, look through your book

And make--

Her voice wavered, and she dissolved into a coughing fit. As she was coughing, she heard a voice speak to her.

"Are you alright, Darling?"

When she had stopped coughing, she looked up and saw none other than Freddie Mercury standing before her.

"Freddie?" she asked. "Shouldn't you be with Shae or something?"

He looked at her.

"I suppose so," he said. "But Davy was bothering me too much, so I had to leave. He doesn't deserve my presence."

"I see," she said, raising an eyebrow at him. "So I deserve your presence then?"

"Well, of course, Darling," Freddie said. "You're not the one who's being a little prick! Besides, it seems to me like you need a bit of help from a musical expert!"

"I guess so," the girl said, sighing.

"So, what seems to be the problem?" Freddie asked, sitting on her bed and looking at her expectantly.

"I have this audition tomorrow, and I'm so unprepared!" she said. "And I'm kind of sick, so that doesn't help at all..."

"Not to worry, Darling," Freddie said. "I shall help you with all of your problems! Except for your sick thing... ew. Anyway, why don't you sing your song for me, and I'll see what I can do."

"Um... Okay," she said, and clearing her throat, she began to sing.

Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a--

"Stop right there, Darling," Freddie said. "You have a beautiful voice, why are you singing so quietly?"

She shrugged in response and coughed once.

"Well Darling, if you sing louder, you'll be heard a lot easier, and you'll sound a lot better than you already do," he said. "Now, let's try this again."

This time, the girl sang a bit louder, making her voice sound less shaky. When she had finished, Freddie stood up and applauded.

"That was beautiful, Darling," he said, and the girl blushed. "Now, what about the monologue?"

The girl frowned slightly.

"Yeah... I barely even started memorizing that," she said. "I looked over it, and it's supposed to be said with a lot of emotion. I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to act during it."

"Let me see it," Freddie suggested. The girl handed him a piece of paper that had the monologue written on it, and he read it, stroking his chin thoughtfully. When he had finished reading, he looked at her.

"Well, this is an easy fix, dear!" he exclaimed. "Here, watch me..."

For the next half an hour, Freddie helped the girl to memorize and perform her monologue. He showed her the kind of emotion it required, and she picked up his advice easily. After she had finally mastered the audition material, the two heard a knock at the window. Puzzled, the girl opened the window and looked down to see John Lennon sitting on her roof.

"John? What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I came for Freddie," he said. "Will you get him for me?"

"Sure," the girl replied, and turned to Freddie. "It looks like you have to go. Thanks for all your help!"

"Anytime, Darling," he replied, smiling. he walked over to the window and climbed onto the roof, where John was waiting.

"Goodbye, you two," the girl said, waving. John and Freddie waved back and soon disappeared from sight.

The girl sighed and closed the window. She walked back to the center of the room and began to practice the monologue once more.

_________________________________

So this is kinda based on a true story... (kinda).

I'm auditioning for a musical tomorrow, and I don't even have my monologue memorized... and I think I was sick earlier this week...

This'll be fun!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

As always, thank you for reading, commenting, and all that other jazz!