c h a p t e r - 2

♪ Song attached ♪
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.
I can be your hero, baby.

- Hero (Enrique Iglesias)

******

"So umm... I wrote this letter for you, I was wondering if you could check it out?"

Nervousness... A quality of being nervous, hesitant or easily alarmed.

Never in his life, Justin felt nervous. Neither when he had stolen his mother's car keys to have a night out with friends; nor when he was about to represent his school in state soccer championship.

But damn the girl, with darkest of eyes and silence like the ocean before storm, to make him feel this jittery.

After searching Google, about the ideas to "give the letter to your crush" he settled on being himself and just give it to her, without any opportunity for creepy anonymous thoughts to linger in her mind.

12 sheets of wasted papers, 7 cups of his special latte, and a hopeless heart which has been struck by the arrow of Aphrodite lately, he wrote a three page letter to her.

He didn't dare to tell anyone about his little secret. Not even his best friend, who had been nagging him for the details about the cause of his distraction lately.

He knew people will judge him. They will call him crazy for going after a girl, who doesn't give him a second of her day.

But then, he was perfectly fine with going insane for her.

In the world of these relationship status updates, she had become his three page love letter.

Now there was nothing more to be explained to anyone, he was adamant to go for it.

The only question was...how?

Sighing to himself, he straightened from the laid back position in which he was standing behind the counter, making different dialogues in his head to give the letter to her.

His gaze shifted to her, who was sitting on one of the idle chairs by the window with a cup of black coffee in her hands staring out at little snowflakes falling on ground.

All the doubts he had earlier, got cleared as soon as his eyes drunk in sight of her. Dressed in usual black knitted sweater and black worn out skinny jeans, she made his heart go on overdrive.

Her hairs were in their usual messy array, and her fingers went in circles around the mouth of her styrofoam cup.

He gulped down as he saw her sipping her drink oh so very slowly and biting her lips afterwards.