c h a p t e r - 9 . 1

You're the light inside my eyes
You give me a reason to keep trying
You give me more than I could dream
And you bring me to my knees †
- I don't deserve you ( Plumb )

* * *

Mornings. Sierra hated them. Maybe it was due to the irritating fact that she used to envy the excited chirping of birds and all talks of sunshine which gave people hope. She resented anything that sounded good. Because in her life, good word didn't make sense.

But waking up in Justin's bed, engulfed by his scent, feeling his presence around her, a sense of warmth and love embracing her; it was a blissful morning.

She woke up with a little soft smile on her face; the kind of smile she had forgotten to put on because of waking up to her nightmares. Today for first time in years, her heart wasn't feeling hollow. Just like a fresh wave of air after first monsoon rain, it made her feel alive and beautiful.

It felt like, she had been woken up after years.

She sat up lazily, hugging a pillow which smelled of him. Her eyes wandered around his empty room, taking in it's blue and white ambience. A sense of insecurity washed over her, as she realised his absence.

Her heart drummed wildly inside her chest at the thought of him leaving her.

Did he finally realised how messed up she was?

With teary eyes and clogged up throat, she whispered his name to herself.

"Good morning, angel." A million dollar smile and sight of blue eyes, that had grown upon her badly greeted her.

She finally felt her breath getting back to her, when she saw Justin leaning against the door frame with a cheeky smile on his handsome face.

She looked up at him. And it almost wrenched his heart looking tears in her eyes. A look on her face, and he could tell what she was thinking.

He walked upto her and cupped her face between his palms.

"Hey? I won't leave you iust like that, I'm in very very very love with you to do that. Your past or even you, can't make me run away from you. I'm gonna stick with you, through thick and thin like a leech. Okay?" He said, his lips quirking up at his lame attempt at last line to make her smile.

"Okay." She breathed out with a flustered face and a sheepish smile.

He sucked in a deep breath at seeing her blush and smile. It pained him to think, he may have lost it last night; lost her last night if she hadn't stopped herself from suiciding.

"Show me your hands." He demanded.

She looked at him, utterly confused.

He sat down beside her, taking her hands in his, rolling up her sleeves. Black scars on her wrist shown him the battles she fought. He brushed his fingers over them before pulling out a permanent marker from his pockets.

She watched him intently, as he drew a semi colon on her wrist.

"Do you know what it means? He asked her tracing that little ';'