c h a p t e r - 7

So I pray this time
I can be the man that she deserves
'Cos I die a little each time
When she cries †

- When She Cries ( Restless Hearts)

******

People say, there's no love without pain. Pain is an inevitable feeling, that grows with seeing your love suffer.

There are three kinds of pain which you may endure, when in love. To the love, by the love and for the love.

Pain you inflict unintentionally to your loved one, hurts you too equally. Pain inflicted by the one you loved, leaves a hole in your heart.

The purest and fatal kind of pain is the one you feel, when you see your loved one suffering because of someone else. That is for the love.

His heart ached for her.

To make her smile and wipe out the pained look from her eyes, Justin only wanted to give her hope to live again.

However, it's said that greater is your capacity to love, the greater will be your capacity to feel the pain.

He loved her unconditionally. He never expected her to love him back. He was prepared for that pain of the heartbreak.

But he wasn't ready to face the pain by seeing her hurting. It was the worst kind of. He felt suffocated, lost his ability to breathe as he saw her hurting.

When he saw her limping on her steps, he never expected it to be more than an ankle sprain.

He was surprised by seeing fresh red cuts, when he removed her sandle straps to examine why she was wobbly today. 

She tried to deny him, but lost her footing and collapsed in his arms altogether.

Her eyes were different today. Blank. Devoid of any emotion, she kept them all safely in caged inside.

"Are you okay?" He asked her, making her sit on a chair in the store room and grabbing first aid box.

Sierra was numb today. She wasn't speaking(not that she ever does frequently), avoiding his eye contact, not reacting to anything he was saying.

She wasn't the girl who smiled after giving him a career guide book. The one who cared or smiled was surfaced by a broken girl, whose world seemed to be so dark that even he could feel himself getting blind in it.

Kneeling down before her, he placed her feet on his lap softly and dabbed her skin with cotton and antiseptic; "It's going to hurt a little." He warned her.

She never flinched. She was staring into the blank, with tears brimming up in her dark eyes.

It hurt to see her like that.

It hurt so much, his heart. It seemed like he was knocked out of oxygen, seeing brutal marks on her skin.

He wished he could do something, anything to take her pain right there.

Wrapping her wound with a clean bandage, he lifted up his eyes to look at her.

Tears were rolling down her pale cheeks like a slow waterfall, lips trembling and eyes failing to mask her hurt anymore.

He noticed the little scratch on the corner of her lips, and his eyes caught sight of her scarred wrists with her full sleeved shirt risen up a little. 

He closed his eyes not being able to take it anymore. His throat clogged up with emotions. And tears brimmed up in his eyes as well. His heart felt like being snatched away painfully and oh so slowly.