7 - Mark

I silently stood in front of my favorite coffee shop, waiting for my friends to come. We are supposed to watch a movie with some of Seyoung's high school friends.

Until I heard a multiple sound car's horn. I guess that's already them.

"Shooni, good morning!" Yoonjo greeted as soon as she opened the door of the car. She was smiling so bright. I can see she's excited.

"Good morning." I greeted back as I tucked behind my ear my loose hair covering my face.

"Sit here, Shooni~" Seyoung said as she opened her arms widely, attempting to hug me.

"No Seyoung. Not today." I said calmly.

"Seyoung, mature at least a little. Behave like Aesha." I heard Dojoon say. Yes, my real name is Aesha but my girl friends call me Shoonie.

I finally get to sit down properly and Dojoon began driving.

We finally reached the mall and we all started to head off the van. I straightened my wrinkled overalls after setting off from the van.

"Let's go?" I heard someone speak behind me.

I looked behind me and there I saw Mark. He's the quiet but kind of weird friend of Seyoung. Weird in a good way.

I nodded at him as I smiled and we walked together with him beside me.

I watched the back of my friends as we all entered the mall. I know Yoonjo has actually a crush on Mark. But not that kind of serious crush.

I looked at the chunky heels I am wearing. This is a gift from Seyoung! She wanted to style me up but I only allowed her for my shoes today.

I stepped carefully on the elevator and supported my weight with the handrails.

I suddenly felt something flat and warm on my back. I was about to turn around to check what it was but Mark suddenly pushed himself closer to me - to that extent of closeness that is beyond my comfort zone. I stared at his lips as he spoke, "Be careful next time especially when you are not used to that kind of shoes." With a soft voice.

He smiled before pulling his face away from me. I heard him chuckle while turning his face away from me. Then his hand slowly left my back. I somehow felt safe and comfortable for a second with his hand there. And I wished it to stay there for a little longer.

"What movie do you guys want?" Seyoung asked. The boys started to suggest morbid movies while the girls, especially Yoonjo hardly recommended a romantic and dramatic movie.

Seyoung turned to me since she knows I like cartoon movies just like her. "How about you?" She asked me.

"Hm... the Angry Birds movie." I said shyly. But before I finished talking Seyoung already clasped her hands together.

"As expected!" Seyoung exclaimed and she went to the booth where she could buy an Angry Bird movie ticket.

She handed us the tickets one by one. The others complained and went to the booths to exchange it with the one they want.

"Hey. What about you?" I heard Dojoon ask Mark. I looked at Mark and I saw him thinking. Dojoon didn't had his ticket changed since his girlfriend wanted to watch that Angry Birds movie.

"I'll stay." Mark said.

"You'll watch it with us?" Seyoung asked and Mark nodded. "Haha! I knew it! Come on." she said and started dragging Dojoon into the movie house.

"Pardon Seyoung." I told Mark and he just chuckled.

We chose seats at the middle. Seyoung and I were sitting between Mark and Dojoon. Mark and I will be sharing one drink with two drinking straws while the love birds have only one straw. Mark was holding the pop corn as well for the two of us.