10 - Yugyeom

Yugyeom placed down his mobile phone on the table top. After resting his head on the headboard, he impatiently tapped his fingers on his lap.

"When is she going to call back?" He asked in his mind.

Yugyeom's dating Sung Hyemi, a neighbor, who's three years older than him. Yugyeom's still a college student but this year's his last.

"Yugyeom. Have your dinner now." He heard his mother say.

He has been waiting for Hyemi to call him since it's their anniversary. It's their third anniversary and Hyemi might fail to greet him again for the second time.

She's busy with work and he's busy with hist thesis. Both of them don't have sufficient time to spend together. So both sides expect they could understand each others' situation.

But no matter how hard Yugyeom tries, it seems like he's the only who's making their relationship work.

"I'm working for the both of us. I can't just let you always pay for our meals and trips just because you're the guy. I wanna be of help, too." That's how Hyemi explained herself to her boyfriend whenever he asks why she is always working that much.

"I'm not eating!" He shouted back. And whispered, "Yet."

His phone suddenly rang and his hopes got high. But upon seeing who was the sender of the message, he wanted to throw away his phone.

From: Jaebum
Yah! You must submit your part tonight for our project.

Because of his stress caused by Hyemi, his school works got affected. He can't focus. He can't finish anything.

He soon turned off the light inside his bedroom but still positioned himself on his bed with his laptop in front. He began researching so he could at least contribute in the project. Slowly, his eyelids became heavier. He's getting sleepy which he didn't want to happen.

He went downstairs hoping it'll wake him up, at least.

But while he was in the kitchen, he heard their door opened. Soft sound of steps can also be heard. He peeked his head through the small window on the door.

"Hyemi." He whispered.

There were big black bags under her eyes. Her hair was messy. She can't walk straight. Her eyes looked smaller and her eyelids seemed to fall any time by now.

She sat down on the couch and removed both of her heeled sandals. She leaned her back for a while before getting up, carrying two huge plastic bags in her arms.

Everything... Yugyeom watched everything that Hyemi did.

She silently climbed the stairs as if she was a burglar. She carefully opened the door and looked inside. The light was off but the laptop was obviously open.

Yugyeom was hesitating to approach her. He was angry that he has always been the forgiving boyfriend, who seemed the only one who's trying his best to make things work.

"But I'm getting tired. I'm a human too." He always thought.

Seeing Yugyeom's not in his room, Hyemi sighed as she slowly sat down on the floor.

"Maybe he's with his friend." She thought which he always does everytime she fail to meet him when they promised to.

She spread out the handmade banner she had. She bought the materials herself and designed it on her own. Despite the busy schedule, she was able to do it.

She always loved to do craft, love letters, paintings, and such. Which Yugyeom, on the other hand, don't appreciate.

"It's too mainstream." He always say. But it's what Hyemi could do best.

Hyemi once compiled the photos of Yugyeom she took herself secretly. They were all beautiful but Yugyeom did not appreciate it. "It's my face. I see it everyday. What's the use of this?" He complained.

Tears slowly fall from her eyes as she reminisced those times. She thought Yugyeom started to notice her because of her creativity, because of the outstanding projects she had back when she was still a student.

She began hanging the banner on one side of Yugyeom's room. She also pasted the post it's around. Her message for him were there. Everything she can't say personally, she wrote them there.

"Stop that." Yugyeom, who suddenly appeared, said.

It surely startled Hyemi causing her to drop the papers she was holding.

But Hyemi couldn't hide her smile seeing her boyfriend was there, "Y-yugyeom! I thought you weren't here!"

"What is it this time? A banner with your calligraphy. Ah! These too." He said as he picked up the post it's Hyemi dropped.

He sighed before massaging his temples. "I told you to stop giving me scrap. These are all trash, Hyemi."

Hyemi quickly kneeled down to pick up everything and hurriedly put them back inside the plastic as she uttered "Sorry."

"All I get is trash and your sorry. When is this going to end, Hyemi? Aren't you running out of your apology? What's your reason this time for not coming on time?"

Hyemi stopped after getting scared of Yugyeom shouting. It's already night and he didn't mind waking everyone in that house.

"Meeting again? Overtime? Additional work? Are you mocking me?" Yugyeom grabbed her arm and pulled her up. "Huh, Hyemi?" He shouted as he shook the lady's body.

He pushed her to the corner and towered over her. He quickly pushed his lips to her lips, and kissed her roughly. His hands were firmly holding her shoulders to the wall.

Hyemi admits she loved kissing him but it shouldn't be like this.  She attempted to kiss back hoping it'll calm him down. But she can't follow Yugyeom. He's just too...

She gathered up her strength and pushed Yugyeom away. She picked up her shoes and tried to get out of his bedroom but he once again grabbed her arm.

Hyemi grabbed the shoes she was holding and involuntarily, she slapped Yugyeom which surprised the the latter.

"These are all trash, you say? Pick them up! Put them down! Throw them all away if you want! I don't care anymore, Yugyeom. Let's just stop here. Let's all end everything here tonight." Hyemi said and sprinted off to her car.

Yugyeom was left speechless, surprised.

Did he go overboard?

Letting her go, was it the right thing to do?

*****

Hi! I finally updated. Lol. Oh, and I saw this was ranked.

Thank you! :) I'm sure when this book already have more chapters, Wattpad will change it to Fanfic just like what happened to my Jinyoung short story :))

Btw, this might have a second part. I don't know. Hehe :">

Is it alright to write one shots with sad endings? :)

- lovingseoul ~