11 - Jackson

I closed the cover of the laptop after shutting it down.

Today, I'll be waiting for my sister who's about to arrive at the train station. She's been working for the two of us. It has been two years since the last the time we saw each other, since the day she left me with Jackson, our childhood friend.

"Y/N! Come here! It's already time for lunch." I heard Jackson say.

I sat down on the chair, something I still have to get used to. Why? My body was paralyzed for more than three years. Something that makes me always remember that incident we got into with our parents. Jackson, he was the one who has been taking care of me.

I did not feel anything for him. Honestly, I didn't. But he always gave me encouraging words.

"You have to hold on! You have to do a lot of things in the future for these years that have been wasted."

"You're a good person, Y/N. I'll be here until the day you recover."

"You've got a bright future ahead of you, Y/N. You're smart and has a lot of talents. If I just had those, I'd be..."

And more.

"Y/N, you're quiet again. Is there something wrong? Is the soup not good?" He asked.

I shook my head and quickly smiled at him. "You always give me delicious food, Jackson. I wouldn't ask for more."

He suddenly closed in and pinched my cheek, "That's what I've always been wanting to hear! Finally you can speak better now."

"A little, only."

"You'll get better in no time." He told me.

My phone suddenly rang. I got up to get it but I fell of my wheelchair. I heard Jackson cursed before he came to my side.

"You should've just let me accept it instead." He said while holding me in his arms.

"It might be my sister."

"I'm sure she can wait. She knows you are not yet completely good." He suddenly patted the top of my head and kissed it. "I'll take it. Wait here. Okay?" I just pursed my lips and didn't get to respond since he already left.

"Hello? Oh! You're there? Do you want us to fetch you?" I heard Jackson ask. I'm really excited to see my sister again and be able talk to her without making her and Jackson guess what I want to say.

I tried to wriggle my legs which caused Jackson to laugh while talking on the phone.

"It's nothing. Sure. We'll be waiting then." He said before tapping the screen to end the call.

"You better get dressed, Y/N." He said. I hummed to ask why. "Your sister's bringing her boyfriend."

We quickly finished our meal. Jackson brought the dishes to the sink and I, being a disabled person, just watched him. My legs weren't completely healed yet that's why I still use my wheelchair.

"You can head back to your room, Y/N. I can do this."

I shook my head to disagree. "I'll wait for you, then."

Jackson sighed and brushed his hair with his fingers. "You have to change your clothes. Or you still need me to help you?"

I felt my face turning red instantly. Suddenly, Jackson burst out laughing. "You don't need to worry. I know you can already do it by yourself. But besides, I've seen your body so many times before. Why do you have to be shy now?"

I threw him the rag I was holding. He picked it up and finished wiping the table himself. He went to the sink and washed his hands.

He walked behind me and I felt myself being pushed. "I'll bring you to your room and do your thing. Okay?"

***

"Welcome back!" Jackson and I said unison after opening the door for my sister and her boyfriend.

My sister began sobbing after seeing me finally moving, and even welcomed her at the doorway. "I missed you so much." She said while hugging me so tight. She introduced the guy who arrived with her.

They all took their own seats as I remained on my wheelchair.

"I'll be marrying your sister, hopefully by next year, Y/N. I'm here today to finally meet you and ask for her hand from you."

I never heard her having a boyfriend. Or maybe she just didn't want to tell me about it before thinking I might feel envious. I was bedridden while she's out there free to do everything she could.

The couple looked at each other. I knew what that was for. I'm sure they are worried I'd be against it.

"I love your sister, Y/N. I won't hurt her and I'll love everyone she loves, especially you, the only family left with her." The guy said before my sister placed her hand on top of his. She shook her head with a smile plastered on her face.

Is she asking him to stop?

I am not against this. Why would I be, anyway? For all the years I've been paralyzed, all I could lend her are my ears that can listen to her stories, and my lips that can only smile.

Although she was a bit annoying, trying to make me date Jackson. It's not that I don't want to date him but I've already used a lot of his time to take care of me.

"You were never a problem to me. I was even thankful your sister trusted me to take care of you. You know how much I love you for already a very ling time, Y/N."

That's what he always tell me. Like a ton of times.

I looked at Jackson and reached out for his hand. I intertwined my fingers with his and gave his hand a soft squeeze.

"It's time for her to be happy." I whispered. Jackson suddenly stood up and pulled my.head to his chest.

"I approve, strongly approve." I told them. Wide smiled quickly grew on their faces.

"Thank you!" They said as they hugged each other.

"Ah, Jackson. Your heart balloons are outside." My sister said.

"Yah!" Jackson shouted.

*****

Another one shot that was originally my plot for new book but I can't continue writing the chapters so i changed it instead. Haha!

- lovingseoul ~