Hurt - Newt Imagine

A/n: there will be an abusive relationship in this chapter, so if it may trigger you please don't read it. You can always come to me for help, for anything. Other then that, I hope this is good. It was requested by kianlawleygirl2 thanks for the request! Damn that pic, there go my ovaries. Im going to be trying to update lots now that school is over and I got lots of good requests! Alright time for the imagine...

The sharp sting collided with your now reddening cheek. After all this time, you were almost used to it, not one tear slipping from your eyes as you stood in front of the boy. If you fought back, it would only make it worse. Knowing this, you stayed put and waited for another impact. 

The boy wore an angry expression on his face, and you were unsure if he would hit you again, or if he was done for the day. You could never tell, and you knew better than asking. 

It hadn't even been your fault, it was something Gally had said that made him angry. But as always, he took it out on you. You were his punching bag, not even his girlfriend really. At least that's what everyone else in the Glade thought. You technically were his girlfriend, but he never treated you like it. 

You hated him, you had originally thought he was nice and sweet. That all faded a few days into the relationship. You knew you couldn't break up with him. He wouldn't let you, probably just hurt you more then he ever had before. 

You hid the red marks and bruises pretty well, or could always come up with a good lie for them. If anyone found out, you wouldn't be able to come up for an excuse as to the many bruises that would cover your fragile body. 

Part of you hoped that someone had figured it out. The lies. The excuses. The flinching when people moved around you or raised their hands up. You wanted help, you wanted it all to be over. You just didn't know who you could go to. It was risky to drag someone into this, because your life and probably the other persons would be a living hell. You nearly laugh at the thought, yours is a living hell already. 

Little did you know that one person had noticed. He noticed you from the first day you came up in the box, freezing and terrified. He was crushed when he found out you had said yes when Blake asked you out. What did Blake have that he didn't have? He gave up eventually, but couldn't help falling for you even though you were taken. 

Little did he know, however, that you had noticed him too. His quiet but commanding, mysterious personality sparked curiousity in you. You worked together, so it wasn't hard to observe him in the gardens. Newt. The tall, lanky second in command. He would talk to you sometimes as you worked, it always helped you to forget about Blake and actually be happy once in a while.  

Part of you thinks that if you weren't with Blake that maybe you could be with Newt. But that would never happen. Newt is just being friendly and Blake is never gonna let you leave him. He finally storms off and leaves you alone. You sigh and run a hand through your hair before going to the bathroom to check out the damage. 

"Shuck..." You mumble the commonly used glader slang as you see yourself in the mirror. You touch your face lightly, wincing a bit. How were you gonna cover that one up? You take a deep breath and try to come up with an excuse you haven't used before. Tears well up in your eyes as the panic sets in. What do you do?  I can't keep living like this. 

You quickly brush the salty tears off your face, trying to calm down. You're supposed to be in the gardens soon, but it's like your brain isn't working and you can't come up with a believable excuse. You decide to just give up, walking out of the bathroom to the gardens, keeping your head down and trying to avoid attention. You see Newt already working and you walk over, swallowing the fear in your throat that he would notice. You spot Blake from across the Glade watching you carefully from  the area all the other builders are and you quickly look down and get to work. 

Newt looks up at you from his spot kneeling on the ground and he gasps softly. "What happened? Were you crying? Why is your cheek all red?" He bombards you with questions as he stands and tries to brush a strand of your hair back to see it more clearly. You flinch away from him and back up. "I-no-it was nothing. Im okay don't worry about it." You stutter and mentally curse yourself for sounding so unconvincing. 

"Im supposed to believe that klunk? Tell me. I want the truth." He demands of you as he takes a step closer, causing you in turn to take a step backwards. Making the mistake of flinching once again when he tries to touch you, it clicks inside his head. Before he has the chance to speak, he's cut off by the sound of angry footsteps stomping in your direction. You know without looking, Blake. He grabs your arm harshly and you jump. 

"H-hi Blake." You say softly and give him a fake smile. "Newt is it okay if I talk to her for a few minutes?" He asks harshly while tightening the grip on your forearm. You bite your lip to keep a sound from escaping your trembling lips and Newt is about to say something but you give him a look. He nods slowly and runs a hand through his dirty blond hair. 

Blake, without a response, pulls you roughly towards the homestead.  You look back at the blonde, hoping he doesn't follow or say anything to anyone else. Once you're behind the homestead, your forearm is released of the harsh grip. You barely have time to grab it and hold on before you are slammed against the wall. You flinch and instinctively cover your face. "What the hell was going on there? What did you tell him you little bitch?" He growls as he gets up close to your face. 

The salty tears run down your face as you close your eyes and wait for it to stop. You were terrified. Scared he would be worse than ever before. You shake slightly, near complete panic and he slaps you once. "Answer me." He demands. Before you could comply, his presence vanishes. Your eyes open quickly to see Newt holding him by the shirt angrily. You stay pressed against the wall and watch as Newt stares him down with an icy glare. "If you so much as look at her ever again I will make sure you're banished before you can raise a finger." He growls, something you had never heard from the normally calm and collected second in command. 

Blake swallows, probably having never seen that side of Newt and nods, quickly scurrying off after the grip on his shirt is released. It feels like a weight is released from your shoulders, and you sink to the ground, pulling your knees to your chest and crying softly. You feel Newt quickly kneel down next to you, and he pulls you into his lap and holds you against his chest. He coos softly, "Im so sorry I didn't realize it earlier, it's okay. You're safe now. I won't hurt you." He whispers softly as his expression melts from angry to sad. 

It takes a while, but the thought of leaving you there by yourself never so much as crosses Newts mind. Alby would definitely hear about this, and Blake would be punished severely. He wanted to be there for you, you needed him. You clung to his shirt and kept your head tucked into him, soaking his shirt with your tears until you calmed down. He rubbed your back softly and sat while you let it all out, everything you had been holding in for months. 

You looked up at him and he brushed your final tears away. You're reddened eyes met his soft caramel colored ones, and he searched your face, trying to find something to say. "I love you." He says softly and then shakes his head as he realizes what just slipped out of his mouth. "N-no wait- I mean-shuck." He stutters and blushes a light red, matching the color of your face. You giggle softly and bite your lip as you think about it. 

I fell for the wrong guy. Newt is here for me and he always has been.  I like him too. You think to yourself as he waits to see what your response is, nervous that he just ruined everything. You idiot, say it already.  "I like you too Newt, but I think I still need some time." You say softly as you look into his soft eyes. "I've waited this long, I could wait longer. As long as you're safe now, I'm happy. I won't let you get hurt." He whispers as he slowly brings his hand to your hurt cheek, caressing it with his thumb. To your suprise you don't even flinch, trusting him. 

You watch as his eyes flicker down to your lips before meeting your eyes again and you feel a new feeling, one that Blake had never made you feel before. He leans in slowly and you let him, your eyes searching his. He stops, his lips nearly brushing yours and looks at you. "May I?" He whispers softly. Without answering, you lean in, closing your eyes as your lips meet his. 

You feel his lips curve into a smile against the kiss, now knowing that you did like him back and he had a chance. Your arms snake around his neck lightly and one of his hands stays on your cheek while the other rests delicately on your waist, almost as if he held it any tighter it would shatter. He held you so preciously, as if you were the last and most fragile diamond in the entire world. Because to him, you were. And he would never even dream of hurting you.