Just My Luck

I threw open the entrance door in panic. Mumbling about Jasper, I ran across the street, doing my best to avoid traffic.

"Addison, what are you doing?" I heard Emma call out to me."You'll get hit by a car! And it'll be my fault!"

"I won't get hit by a car!" I heard a honk behind me. I turned just in time to see a car screech to a halting stop. With another honk its hood bumped my thigh. It didn't hurt as much as it scared me.

"Sorry!"I said apologetically to the driver. He honked again, his frown increasing.

I took only one step before another car honked me.

"Really sorry!" I hollered to the woman behind the wheel.

"Sorry!"

"Excuse me!" 

"I didn't mean to!"

"I'm really sorry!"

FinallyI reached the end of the road, panting and gasping for breath. I looked over my shoulder at Emma. She was patiently waiting for the light to turn so she could cross. Typical sister. When she saw me looking at her she sighed and gave me a disappointed look. I replied with a look of my own.

"YOU COULD'VE GOTTEN KILLED!" Emma shouted from the other side.

"Don't worry." I told Emma as she carefully walked across the street,looking right and left before she took another step. "There's no more street to walk across and no more cars to hit me."
Placing my hands on my hips, I smiled proudly. Emma just rolled her eyes in exasperation, and pointed behind me. About five meters away was, yep, you guessed it, another street. I groaned loudly and stomped around, pouting like a little kid.

 "Just my luck."