Chapter 1

A/N:  Ladies and gents - this is the first novel I wrote on Wattpad, nearly 6 years ago.  It's my LEAST polished work with (arguably) the MOST frustrating and underdeveloped characters.  [It does have a second book to the series that's far better, in my opinion.]  

Fair warning: it has an enemies-to-lovers trope, drama galore, an overly possessive alpha male, crude/offensive language, and the hint of a love triangle.

If ANY of these are not your thing or make you uncomfortable, DO NOT READ.  

Any negative comments towards me or my writing will be deleted.  Period.  I've kept this novel posted solely for the loyal readers (you folks are the best) who have been supporting my work for half a decade, but I'm not a fan of the nasty comments that tear me down as a writer.  Seriously, take the negatively elsewhere.  While I'm proud to say my writing has drastically improved since this first novel, this one is still near and dear to my heart.

If you don't like my work, that's cool.  It's not for everyone.  Simply stop reading it and move along.

For those who do like it and choose to read on, thank you for the support!  (the guys thank you as well! :))

Enjoy!

______________________________________________________

Chapter 1 

This is it – the deciding factor that will make or break my senior year. I glance at the last names, more than annoyed that this roster isn't alphabetized. Is that just a torture technique by our coach? Or simply a lack of professionalism?

First String Varsity

Forwards:

Mike Sharpe - S

Josiah Kent

Alex Fitzgerald

Casper Johnson - S

Centers:

Dakota Woodfield

Zion Matthews - S

Guards:

Radik Anderson - S

Chris Wolfson

Aiden Broncs - S

Kurt Tombler

My eyes dance down the roster, the tension in my neck pulsating through a small vein as I move a step closer. I finally see it – my name. Aiden Broncs. Pride surges through my veins. When I first tried out, most of the guys made it all too clear that since I was a 'newbie,' my chances of making the senior team were slim to none.

"Congrats man."

A masculine hand claps my shoulder. I glance beside me, Radik's lips giving way to just a hint of a smile. He stands a good two inches taller than me, but our lean builds are exactly the same.

"Same to you."

"And he's starting you," Radik notes, his eyebrows rising slightly in surprise. "That'll go over real well."

"Is that what the 'S' means?" I ask, ignoring his sarcastic comment.

Radik nods and his grin widens. "The five of us have been playing together since middle school, ya know? It's like the unspoken rule that we'd play all throughout high school too. Don't get me wrong man, you outplayed Kurt in try-outs. But that doesn't mean they won't hate you for taking his position. In that way, dudes kind of act like bitches."