Chapter 29

Chapter 29

I breathe heavily and flop onto my back. The bed dips to my weight, the springs lightly bouncing me up and down. I glance down at my stomach, and my muscles remain flexed from my hour of heavy sexual exertion. Beads of sweat coat every inch of my skin, and I glance towards the bathroom, silently wondering if Zion will stay this time to shower with me.

Zion's naked torso matches my own as he pushes himself out of bed, a thin layer of sweat covering every inch of his delectable skin. While he catches his breath he scratches his jaw, curiously searching the floor for his pants and boxers.

"...the hell?" he mutters, kicking aside a few of my things in search of his clothes.

My eyes follow his every movement, watching his muscles as he moves from one position to another. Since admitting his feelings to me over two weeks ago, things have been better between Zion and me.

Scratch that.

Things have been pretty fuckin' awesome. While he still ignores me quite a bit at school, he's nicer to me during practices. The other guys have taken notice, and in-turn, their attitude towards me has changed as well.

Well, all except Casper.

A sigh of defeat pushes past my lips just thinking of him. He's perfectly kind to me, but every time I take a seat next to Zion at lunch, I can feel his eyes bounce between us. I know he's curious about what's going on, especially since the school's hottest couple – Zion and Callie – broke up four days ago. The school seems to be in upheaval. I thought I'd be happy to see the two of them 'breaking up,' even if their relationship was for show.

However, I didn't think about what it would mean with Zion being technically 'single' again. Hell, I don't think I've seen so many eager females since my sister and a gaggle of her friends went to see One Direction a few years back. Yea – don't even get me started how chicks fawn over those dudes.

Granted, Zion isn't at that status. But he's close.

In fact, just this past Friday, there was a chick from a completely different school who was waiting for him after practice, simply to beg him to attend her school dance. She, of course, offered to pay for it as well.

I roll my eyes just thinking about it. What a joke.

I turn to my side when I hear my phone ding, indicating an incoming text. I swipe it up and type in my passcode.

Bobby T: Momma's thinking about traveling to see you guys over Christmas break. I'd be coming too. You down?

I grin and send a quick response.

Me: Yea man, with only one request. If you come this time, don't turn into a blubbering mess when you leave.

Bobby responds immediately.

Bobby T: Fuck you, asshole.

Me: Hahahahahahahahaha.

I can just picture Bobby scoffing under his breath, more than embarrassed at the way he left a few weeks ago. When he and Momma T had finally finished packing, he turned to give me a hug goodbye, swearing to me in a whisper that he'd be my buddy for life.

Oh yea – and crying while he said it. Admittedly, at the time it was pretty touching. After all the heartache I've experienced with Bobby Taylor, it feels good to actually say it's now all in the past.

Since leaving, Bobby has sent me a text once a day, every day. It's always something simple, just to show me he's there if I need him. It's his way of trying to regain our friendship once again. It feels good to know he cares. And honestly, by the time he comes up here for Christmas we'll probably be back to the way we were ten years ago – just a couple of guys hanging out and having a good time.