Chapter 21

~*~*~*~*~*~ 

I sat in the quin-jet, waiting for Steve and Bucky. I'm not supposed to be here, I didn't even tell Bell I was doing this, but I feel like they need me to come with. Steve and Bucky ran onboard, stopping to look at me, "Lady!" Steve said, shocked.

I waved smiling as I powered up the jet, "hi..."

"You shouldn't be here." Steve said as he took a seat next to me.

I shrugged, "I knew you would need a getaway vehicle, since your other one was bloody awful."

"Lady." Bucky warned as I took off.

"There is nothing you two can say to make me leave." I said firmly as we flew out of the hanger and into the air, "so where are we heading?"

I bit back a smile as they shared a look. It was like they were saying: 'why does she always do something like this?' Just like when we were younger, with nothing to worry about, and no winter soldiers who could take out a country in the middle of the night. It brought back memories, like one of our double dates we did back in the day...

"Lady come on! You look fine, just take off the dress and go in the water." Mary told me with her hands on her hips. She was already wearing her bathing suit, but I refused to go in the water with mine. 

"I told you I didn't like this bathing suit!" I shouted over the noise. (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/01/0b/12/010b1233bae13a29721e08708840a5e2.jpg)

"Come on Little Lady!" Bucky shouted.

I groaned as I stripped off my dress, much to Steve's embarrasment as he held up a towel in front of me. I sighed as I took the towel from Steve and held it up. "You look great." Steve said softly as he tried not to look at me too much.

"I don't know why you're making such a fuss..." Mary said running up with Bucky behind her.

"You got to wear the one-piece. Why am I in a bikini?" I asked as I glared at her.

"You lost a bet." Mary said with a shrug.

"I never bet on anything!" 

"But Bucky did..."

I turned a withering glare to Bucky. "James Buchanan Barnes, what did you do?!"

He sighed, "why does she always do something like this?" He asked Steve.

Steve held up his hands in defense, "hey you got yourself into this. And I don't want to be on her bad side." 

~*~

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky asked us as we flew to Siberia. 

Steve and I shared a look, what's going to happen to us? "Whatever it is, I'll deal with it." Steve answered, then I grabbed his hand.

"We'll deal with it."

"I don't know if I'm worth all this.  What you did all those years..." Bucky said. 

"It wasn't you. You didn't have a choice."

"I know, but I did it." Bucky muttered.

I gave him a look, much like I gave him when we were younger. "Bucky, just because you were forced to do something does not mean that you should be forced to take the blame for the other's action. What you did, was not your own action. I refuse to allow someone to try to force you to pay for somebody else's actions."

Bucky shook his head smiling ruefully at my comment as we continued on our way to Siberia. We didn't say much, I told Bucky of Archer's adventures at home and how the three of us had been living as a family, well now the five of us. We continued speaking about what myself and Steve had done since Bucky fell off of the train until we landed on the icy barren land.