part 5

Nathaniel's POV:

It's weird how Ezra still makes me feel safe even tho he's the one that caused all this. I should hate him but something is holding me back from being able to hate him, when he told me that we'd have to get away and leave this town for a while it didn't feel like a bad thing and it confuses me because I should want to be away from him and be home but I don't.

We were driving silently and after some time I fell asleep, it's just something about highways that always knocks me out.

I don't how long I was out for but when I woke up I saw that it was already dark, I felt something on my body that wasn't mine I looked down and saw that Ezra had covered me with his jacket.I looked at him confused when he started talking." You were sleeping and you were shivering so I thought why not." I looked at him as I furrowed my eyebrows." Really Ezra, I mean it's sweet and all but it's so cliché." I said smiling at him."Well if they still do it now it must mean that it works, right?"he said smiling back at me. "Sure Ezra, whatever makes you sleep at night."

We drove for 2 more hours when we finally arrived at this kind of motel, and I don't wanna sound demanding or anything,  but from the looks of the outside of the building it didn't seem like this was gonna be a 5star place. Ezra went over to the receptionist as I followed him. "A room for two please." he asked the receptionist. " Is a double bed good for you guys?" the receptionist asked Ezra and before I could open my mouth to protest, Ezra had already said yes and accepted the key to the room and went and got in the elevator as I walked in after him." Really a double bed?" I asked him." Well they didn't have anything else." Ezra said." You didn't even ask him!"I replied as Ezra just ignored that and got out of the elevator looking for the room with me reluctantly accepting the situation and following him.

As we walked into the room I curiously looked around and I was actually pleasantly surprised with the state it was in, I mean it wasn't the best I've ever seen but it does the job."It's best if we go to bed now because we're gonna have to leave pretty early tomorrow." Ezra said softly. I nodded as I went over to the bed and got in. As Ezra was about to get in I looked at him probably showing my uncomfortableness because as soon as he realised he asked if I wanted that he slept on the floor, I laughed at him obviously thinking it was a joke before he started speaking again. "I'm serious if you want me to, I will. I don't wanna make you feel uncomfortable." I thought about his offer for a couple seconds but I knew that I couldn't let him do that, I had to get over myself. "Thank you but you don't have to do that."I said."Are you sure I'd gladly do it." he said . "Just get in before I change my mind." I said surprised by his sweetness. He got in, we turned of the lights," oh btw don't kiss me again while you're dreaming about me or something." I said jokingly before going to sleep knowing that he was probably smirking.

I woke up feeling my my head resting on something warm and soft only to realise that it was Ezra's chest, I immediately wanted to distance myself from him but I when I looked up at him I saw that he was already awake and staring at me."How did I end up here?" I asked him. "You randomly placed your head on my chest in the middle of the night and I didn't want to wake you  because I could imagine you needed your sleep after everything that happened." he said smiling."Yeah that's the reason ,it's totally not because you liked me sleeping on your chest or anything." I said as I poked him and got out of the bed. " Of Course not." he said smiling, I never really noticed it but his smile is so hot, wait what am I thinking I'm not gay.

I freshened myself up in the bathroom and so
did Ezra before we went out for some breakfast. We found this local coffeeshop where they had a lot of eating options and obviously coffee. We got our food and sat down as we were eating I suddenly realised that I was staring at Ezra and looked away, he noticed but he didn't confront me about it." How's it going Nathaniel?" he suddenly asked me. "What do you mean?" I asked him  because his question caught me off guard. " I mean how do you feel considering everything that happened and just the situation in general." Ezra asked looking concerned."I actually feel quite good which is weird since this is such a messed up situation." I said as he nodded agreeing. "Do you miss your family? "he asked genuinely caring while taking a sip of coffee. " To be honest I haven't even thought about them yet." I said realising that my family hasn't even crossed my mind since I was so busy thinking about other stuff.
"Do you?" I asked him." I honestly wish I could say that I did but I don't and I know that's wrong because he's not a bad father at all he just made the wrong decisions." he told me as I looked at him with concern not knowing what to say.

We talked for some time as we finally decided to leave and go back to the hotel so that we could pack up and go.

When we were back in the hotel room about to leave someone knocked on the door. Ezra walked over and looked trough the peephole before turning to me, "RUN!!!"
-------------------------------------------------------
That was it for this part , I love their personalities so much like can I have one Ezra please.
Anyway please vote,follow and share it'd really help, thx.
Byeeee