Ch.3 - The Tragedies of Two Dork-heads: Tyler and Me (Avery's P.O.V.)

Avery's P.O.V.

Just shoot for the stars, if it feels right then aim for my heart, if you feel like you can take me away, and make it OK, I swear I’ll behave. You wanted control, so we waited, I put on a show, now I’m naked, you say I’m a kid, my ego is big, I don’t give a shit, and it goes like this.

“Take me by the tongue and I’ll know you, kiss me ‘til you’re drunk and I’ll show you all the moves like Jagger I’ve got them moves like Jagger I’ve got them mooooOOOOOoooves like JAGGGEER!!” I belted out along to Moves like Jagger by Maroon 5. I started jumping around on my bed like a madmen, jumping onto Skyden’s bed then back onto mine. Ooops, I messed up her bed, she’s going to have a fit. Oh well, I was having FUN. Yes, I was alone too…FOREVER ALOONE.

Hmm…chocolate, I like chocolate. Nope, I LOVE chocolate. Where’s my damn chocolate? I look down at the floor; all I saw were wrappers and empty boxes of See’s Candies. Oh well.

So get in the car, we can ride it. Wherever you want, get inside it. And you want to steer, but I’m shifting gears, I’ll take it from here, and it goes like this.

“LA LA LA LA LAA LAAA LAAAA LAH LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LAA A LAAA LAA LAAAAA LA LA LA LAAA LAAA LAA LAAAA!” I sang out, I have a lovely voice. I bet Tyler would agree, Skyden would say I sound like a drowning cat. HEY, I should call Tyler over!! Skyden’s probably going to come back to the dorms anytime now…  She came a half hour ago to change into her gym clothes and said she was going to the gym…

I jumped on the bed for a little bit more; then I wiggled my butt and then jumped off. Hehe.

I picked up my phone, which was under the box of See’s Candies; sheesh, someone should clean this up! Oh right, I should…LATER.

I dialed Tyler’s number while I hopped over to pause the music, humming happily as I waited for Tyler to pick up. Tyler. Tyler’s my buddy, Tyler’s my best friend, and we are BFFFFL. Yeah, a boy has a BFFFFL, GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT BUB? Wait, who was I talking too, who am I calling, and whose chocolates were those?!?! Oh right, I was talking to no one, I’m calling Tyler, and those chocolates were mine? YEAH! I’M SO SMART.

“Eyo, what chu like eh? We got some weed, crack, and some Italian pastah. If you buy teh weed, yuh git a combo. That includes some weed, pastah, and a side of fries. What chu you want eh?” I heard a deep fake-ghetto accent pick up on the other side.

I laughed, “Tyler! Get your weed-addicted ass over here! Dance party!”  I shouted into the phone.

Tyler laughed, “No problem Av,” he said in his normal sweet voice, “I was just walking past your dorm building anyway, be there in two.” With that he clicked off, I smiled and flopped down on my bed, enjoying the squishy feeling as my weight was added.

I laid there for a few seconds and then immediately jumped back up.

“Crap!” I cried out, smacking a hand to my head. I just realized I had gotten sugar-high, dammit! Not again! I never realize when I’m all hyped-up on sugar. And every time Tyler would talk to me when I get sugar-high, I always get calm again. I never know why, probably because we’re so close.

How could I have been so stupid? Estupido, estupido! I can’t believe I ate all that See’s Candies Ashton gave me when we went on that date! I smiled again-Ashton. He was such a gentleman, but I should know better than that. After what he did to Tyler, I shouldn’t even be TALKING to Ashton. Although I guess I’m forced to now, we are in the games.

“Knock knock, can I come in? Woops, I just did.” Came a voice from the doorway, I whipped myself around. Just in time to see Tyler striding in and flopping down on my bed. He raised an eyebrow at me,