Chuck Norris Their Asses

⏳ --

⏳ --

We'd been travelling for, I was assuming, a day or two

We'd been travelling for, I was assuming, a day or two. The cold breeze blew through constantly, causing me to shiver, even with Steve's arms wrapped around me. We also hadn't come into contact with any Auradiam yet, which was odd. I could hear them. They were far, but not too far. It sounded like they were...following us.

"Are we there yet?" Tony asked for the nineteenth time.

Astra growled like a cornered lion. "I swear to any god who is listening that I will rip you in two if you ask that one more time. I do not care if the Auradiam find us, I will use my powers to do so."

"You have an anger problem," Clint remarked. "Do Time Walkers have anger management anonymous? Or–"

"You are walking on thin ice, archer," she growled. "Watch your step."

"Enough," Steve said sternly like a parent breaking up a fight. "We don't have time this."

"What are you talking about, Cap?" Tony sassed. "We are in the center of where all time originates and you're saying we don't have time? I beg to differ."

"Shut up, Stark," Nat said, ending the conversation.

Although they were subtly arguing, I was glad that there was still banter within the group. The landscape around us was bleak, but the spirits of my friends weren't. It was comforting. It was comforting to see that the mission and the surroundings weren't dampening their determination...as it was mine.

"I think we should stop for a while," I suggested. "The Parthenope need a rest."

"I think I got dust in my suit," Tony complained. "Gotta get it out. Best to stop."

I saw a tree standing alone a little ahead of us. It was barren from every direction I could see. It wouldn't be too much of a risk to light a fire and get warm; it was absolutely freezing! "There looks like a good place to camp."

It didn't take long to set up. Steve snapped a few branches from the lonely tree's limbs and gathered surrounding twigs to create a small pyre, a light blast from Tony's repulsor igniting the fire. We all sat around it, huddling close to keep warm as the cold breeze gently blew.