The Ultimate Sacrifice

⏳ --

⏳ --

The Time Vault was opening

The Time Vault was opening. And we didn't have a lot of time.

I knew that I wasn't powerful enough to take on Eon. I knew my ribs were broken. The cuts on my face and arms stung. My body screamed for rest. Even with the Time Stone in my possession, realistically, I was no match for Eon. I needed to go into the Time Trance. With the Stone and that power on my side, I had more of a chance.

I glanced at Steve. The expression he gave me told me everything I needed to know about what he thought about the decision: don't do it. But I didn't have much of a choice, however. Eon needed to be stopped and that was the only way to do it.

I looked at the Lord and Primavera, and they knew instantly what was going on, what decision had to be made to win. The Lord, who was holding Eon's arm to the side, elbowed the man in the face and leaped back when he went to swing his arm through the air.

"Are you sure, Andromeda?" the Lord huffed as he rejoined me and Prima.

"It's the only way." I turned to Steve once more and mouthed I'm sorry.

I closed my eyes. A rush of energy powered through my veins, engulfing me fully. I felt my hair begin to lift and float. Power and energy surged through me. My body was more prepared than the last time I'd done this. I felt more in control. I felt like I was gripping the bull by the horns and this time, and it would not mow me down. I began to glow. I opened my eyes. I was seeing the world through green. The feeling of power inside was unbelievable. My eye caught my hair, which was a pure white with faint green highlights. Through seeing that, I saw the Lord and Lady next to me, also engulfed in white power, also in the Time Trance.

Eon raised his chin, and, with a snap of his finger, glowed as red as we did white. I could tell instantly that he'd mastered the Time Trance enough to snap into it easily. That could prove a challenge to defeat him, but with three powerful Walkers in the Trance, we had the slight upper hand.

And then we walked. We walked in unison to meet Eon, stood at the ready in waiting. I snuck a glance to my left to see a white anomaly beginning to form, walking beside me. It looked at me. It began to form. Eilian. The white wispy figure of him smiled at me, the cheeky smile that had made me melt too much. Next to him was another familiar face. Chameleon grinned back, the irises of his eyes changing every second.