Chapter Six

------------------------------------------

Miss Ida Lewis...

She didn't seem to make much of a step in Fry's life.

They never spoke. They smiled politely at one another for the past week. Fry had only spoken to her once, telling her to watch her step the tile was wet were he just mopped.

Miss Ida Lewis was a heavier set women in her late to early forties. She was really brown skinned. Every Sunday, and Thursday she would come up to the bank around 320pm.

It never failed. She would always show up.

She was a godly women she claimed. Fry didn't know to much about that, but he respect her beliefs.

 She seemed  genuine, and real nice. She was always friendly, always having two large plastic bags of money to put into her saving account. It wasn't until that one faithful night that Fry was leaving work around 1152pm.

He paid no attention to the white car in the parking lot, figuring somebody was late leaving.

Quincy had let Fry take the car.

Quincy had been off today and hadn't planned to do much, but lay up in the house all day. Fry took his work hat off, unbuttoning the buttons on his teal uniform before he finally got in the car. Just as he started the car, a tap hit the window the drivers window.

Fry looked to his left, wondering who was out at almost 12:am.

Miss Ida stood there a look of disappointment on her face. Fry rolled the window down, the hum of the car sounding into the night. "What's wrong?" Her brown eyes begged him quietly. "My car wont start." Fry sighed tiredly, but he cut of his ignition.

She had always been nice to him for even though they never said much to each other, and he wasn't about to leave her out her, everybody had a high appreciation for her.

Fry got out walking over to the only car on the lot. "My kids are both out of town." She explained as if she needed to let him know why she hadn't call anyone. Miss Ida handed Fry her keys. Fry tried to start it. The car seemed to start it just needed a jump. Fry got out handing her, her keys back, before he walked over and began rummaging through Quincy's hood for a jumper cable.

He didn't have one.

"Where do you live?" Fry questioned shutting the hood of the car. Miss Ida looked a little uncomfortable. "Just up the street on Castle Point." He just nodded. 'I can take you home, but you need to contact somebody who has jumper cables.

" Miss Ida nodded, the hair's on her short caramel and black wig flopping left and right. Fry started the car again when Miss Ida got in the passenger side and shut the door.

"GodBless you." 

Fry just nodded taking the time to take her down the street, and around the corner to her house on Castle Point. "Can I just invite you in? I feel so bad for taking up your time." She looked genuinely upset about it.

Fry really wanted to get home and jump under the mattress if he could, but he decided to be nice, she was always real nice.

Fry cut the ignition following her to her front door.

She opened the front door in no time -- clicking on some lights as they both entered the house together at once. Fry noticed her house was very small, and kind of messy, it was very homely though.

She must of loved flowers, her wall paper was full of yellow and blue flowers. Her couch was a soft mellow blue. Fry went over sitting on her couch, relaxing into the soft pillow tops.