~ CHAPTER 5 ~

TRIS P.O.V

As I wake up with a jolt, a rush of events come flooding back to me. I push them away and get up, looking at the alarm clock. 8:13. Uggh. As I get up, I see Tobias carrying 2 muffins; a half bitten one and a full one. I reach for a muffin, but instead of giving me the full one, he gives me the half bitten one. I cross my arms and he smirks and gives me the full one. "Today, the new initiates are coming to Dauntless." Tobias says, as he takes a large bite out of his chocolate muffin. 

"Today?" I gasp and take long strides to the calendar. Tobias nods. "We'd better get going to the net then." I quickly get dressed into my black clothes and we walk hand in hand with muffins in our free hand. As we approach the net, I see Tori; the tattoo artist, and the one who monitored my aptitude test. She is one of the only people to know about my Divergence; her and my mom and Tobias. I lift up a hand in greeting, and she smiles at me. 

"Come on Tris, they should jumping anytime soon." Tobias says. To enter the Dauntless compound, it is necessary for the initiates to jump from the roof. A test of bravery. Tobias smiles at me, like he can read my thoughts. "I remember your Abnegation self jumping first. Ohmy I was surprised." He chuckles and starts to tickle me. I laugh until I can't breathe, and he stops. 

I see a blur of gray, and I realise that the first initiate has jumped. I also realise that this person is from Abnegation. The gray clothes. Tobias is already helping her out of the net. She looks a great deal like me, blond hair, short, flat chest. 

"What's your name? Choose wisely, you won't be able to pick again." I say. Beside me, Tobias laughs, he had said the same thing to me, when I was an initiate. 

"Cara." She says, her green eyes looking innocently at me. 

A/N: The initiates are being introduced next chapter! Read on to find out who they are... Vote and comment below if you have any questions. Have fun!